Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Alexandrians
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Catherine X"][quote]"under Colin Farrell", hey - I'd (Freudian) slip there anyday!!!!![/quote]

Heh heh heh, Pip, you saucy minx. Don't you just love this messageboard and its rudeness? Someone said to me the other day that the X at the end of my name is starting to make sense now Laughing[/quote]

Mmmhhhh yeah - so that's what the X stands for - and you said you just put it there because someone else was known as Catherine - you know what they say about the truth, Madame X, eventually it will out........hehe Laughing
halfaery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeting at Pella? Seriously? Am I invited or do I just invite myself? Laughing Around Alexander´s birthday, possibly?
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey halfaery - the more the merrier..........
allison

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will have to give meeting at Pella a miss this year - maybe next. Overseas travel is expensive - especially from Australia - and I've a pretty full on year (full time work, part time study).

Could we make it an annual or biannual event rather than a one off? And post lots of pictures for those of us who can't make it???
cindoo15

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I started this meeting thing when I joked that we should have an annual meeting in Alexandria - and now it's gotten serious. Oh, how I wish I could make it but I'm certain I cannot. So who is planning on going? When? Where? Sounds like loads of fun!

Here's a cool idea. How about every year there's a meeting at a different location along Alexanders route? Although, it would be rather difficult to get to many of those places but it's a fun idea! Of coarse, you'd start the first year in Pella and move on through Turkey and so forth.

BTW, I will be in Italy in May. See my post under General.
lardvaark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fantastic set of ideas. Pella, annual events, photos. Blinding!
Very Happy
I'm completely serious about this too (and sadly also skint but that can change)..
joanna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,my Alexandrians,good news (for me!).This evening I'm going to watch the 6 hours version of 'Alexander'!!!! Surprised?I'll explain:
As 'Alexander' is still showing in Turin, I dcided to go to see it agaig this evening.I asked a friend of mine (he's more an acqaintance than a friend) if he would like to come with me.He agreed (it's going to be the second time for him-so I guess,he likes it ,too) but.....we couldn't decide about the time. I suggested the 18,30 but he can't make it.For him it would be OK the 22.00.SO, I agreed with him for the 22.00 showing time.Then, all of a sudden, I've had an idea. How about going before that time and watch 'Alexander' and then see it againg with Marco.It sounds a little crazy?Wow!For me it sounds good!Are you jealous? Sorry, I didn't mean that.I wanted to share that exciting feeling with you.You see, I'm in love with this movie.I can't help it.!
Adriv

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehehe... good for you Joanna. Enjoy it!
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Joanna, you are beating every other Alexandrian with the number of times you have seen the movie. I have seen it three times already, though I would see it a thousand more. The only problem is that other activities interfere with our obsessions. Anyway, when I haven't got the time to see the film entirely, I just pick two or three scenes out of the DVD to keep it alive in my mind.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I jealous? You bet! I actually did get to see it 4 or 5 times (can't exactly remember) but it's been about a month now that it's been gone. I am very excited though because Adriv is going to start sending me scenes for my computer next week. YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Alexandros19 - you are right; things do get in the way of our obsessions unfortunately. I guess if I wasn't a wife and mother I probably would have seen it every day it was here. I suppose that's where obsessions become dangerous - when they begin to interfere with the important things in your life. I have to laugh at myself; right now I'm paying my 9 year old (who is saving money for some Harry Potter necklace) $3.00 an hour to babysit my 2 year old so I can come back here and get on the computer! I know, I'll justify it that I'm encouraging their sibling bonding. Sounds good don't you think? Oh well, I think I sound awful, but it is just an hour. Wow, now I sound guilty! Oh motherhood, it makes you completely insane.
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam,

You do make me laugh a lot. Other activities interfere with our obsessions, but you seem to manage it very well. Very Happy Yes, continue encouraging sibling bonding below minimum wage and join us Alexandrians in our fanatism.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alexandros - I never know if people laugh at what I say or if they just think I'm crazy!
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all love you Pam [but think you're crazy too Laughing ] I'm glad this board isn't filled with boring people ranting on about how terrible Alexander was, or whatever.

What is the most boring subject you think a message board could be about? we'll have a competition: who can think of the most boring subject? Laughing
lardvaark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My life sometimes interferes with my obsessions.
Smile
cindoo15

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
We all love you Pam [but think you're crazy too Laughing ] I'm glad this board isn't filled with boring people ranting on about how terrible Alexander was, or whatever.

What is the most boring subject you think a message board could be about? we'll have a competition: who can think of the most boring subject? Laughing

Thanks Catherine - I must have missed this the other day. Yes I am crazy but I love y'all too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: