Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is your favourite scene of the movie???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Helena

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: What is your favourite scene of the movie Reply with quote

OOOOOh, I've just remembered something you might all like to know Shocked Now I can't remember where this information came from, but........ in the extended DVD film there is a bath scene with Alexander and Bagoas Surprised Surprised Surprised. I think there may be some massaging going on Shocked Shocked Shocked
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've read somewhere on here that there is a bed scene with Al and Bagoas writhing in bed together. I'm not that bothered about them, but thought you'd like to know. Smile
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not fair! what about Hephaestion??? it is always Al and Bagoas. I'm beggining to dislike that little guy. Evil or Very Mad
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean that there will definitely be an extended version? Good, that makes sense - check out Lardvaark's response on "girl goes into a postoffice" thread (if you haven't already) because apparently the film will go on for almost 3 hours - now I could be wrong - but isn't that SLIGHTLY longer than the cinema version????????????
Really hope so - roll on June!

Catherine, I agree (again) why oh why oh why can't there be something more betwixt Al and Heph - Bagoas, as handsome as he is (and as well as he can move that body of his) just doesn't do it for me - (oh well)
Hephaestion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bath scene? Alexander and Bagoas? But where's Hephaestion... Sad My friend will like that scene a lot. Anyway, if there's going to be an extended version, I'm happy.
halfaery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bath scene?!? Are you not making it up.... I donĀ“t believe before I see.
Helena

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Halfaery, since the movie it has become harder to distinguish between fantasy and reality but I'm sure I read somewhere that a bath scene had been shot.As to whether it is to be included in the extended DVD I don't know. Lets just pray I wasn't dreaming Confused
joanna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been so busy lately!I had no time to see the forum.So , here I am starting posting again.(actually I was busy for 3 days only!But I missed you.)
Well, we love all the movie from the begining to the end.But I like the battles very much. At Gaugamela when Al sees Darius and shouts:'Darius!' .and he gets on his horse and starts riding towards him.Colin is excellent there.Don't you think so?
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think so too. I like the battle scene, it is really good.
joanna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I continue with the battle of Gaugamela.
After finishing encouraging his army he puts on his lion-helmet and says:"...for the glory of Greece.Zeus be with us!"And.....eh... I can't find the words to express how much I love this scene.The horse galloping with him on it and you feel his excitment,and this beautiful,heroic music..
It's such a thrilling scene,really.It makes me admire Alexander because he's there, he's the first to go, ready to fight.He's not hidding behind to give orders.Well, I can see why you call him GREAT!I think he was the best. Under those circumstances and having a position like his, nobody has done better.I don't know if you understand me. Sorry.It's such a touching scene.I get emotional every time I see it. And Colin is so good there. For me... "HE IS GREAT ,too"!!
mOoK

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
Colin is so good there. For me... "HE IS GREAT ,too"!!

nah hun... He's the best!!!!!! Very Happy
joanna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking all the answers this what I got (starting from the most mentioned one) :
1) Cleitus' death , the battle of Gaugamela (7)
2)Heph's death (6)
3)Balcony scene, ring scene (5)
4)Young Al and the taming of Bucephalus(4)
5)Bucephalus and Elephant rearing up in India, Olympias and Al arguing after Phil's murder,the near mutiny scene on the borders of India (3)
6)The battle in India,Alex's death, the hospital tent, Al and Phil in the cave, Roxane's dance, wedding ceremony (2)
7) Hindukush mount, Ptolemy talking about Al, After India battle when Al rides among his troops, Aristotle ' speech, Olympias' eyes, Phil's assassination, Bagoas's dance, phil's wedding and argument with Al, Al and Statira, Al's argument over his marriage with his generals, First night with Roxane, Al and his men entering Babylon-the lion scene-, the credits in Greek(1).
Well, we have mentioned almost all the film. But there are still some beautiful scenes not mentioned. Can you think of them ?(at least for me they're beautiful).
allison

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much loved every scene in the movie - too many to list Cool

Must admit - I'm going through withdrawal at the moment - haven't been able to see it for two whole weeks now (getting on to three Crying or Very sad ) Didn't get to beat your record Joanna - only saw the movie 6 times before they took it off. Crying or Very sad

I noticed your list, Joanna, didn't seem to have the cave scene where Young Al and Philip are talking about the myths - I know that several of us have mentioned liking that scene. It's such a lovely father son moment - both of them relaxed, not worried about hidden agendas and giving pretty candid answers to some very serious questions.
joanna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allison, dear, I have the cave scene as well. Yes, you're right , I think I'm the one that has seen the movie the most times. Nobody can beat me! Wow! That makes me your leader?? Come on everybody follow meeeeeeee ( ha, ha, I'm just kidding..)
lardvaark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many viewings are you up to now, jo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: