Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So this girl goes into a Post Office.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laardvark - WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to hear what he said to you. Please please share. This is AMAZING!

Catherine - glad to hear all is well with your BBC board.
lardvaark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: So here we go Reply with quote

(Do-do-do-do-doooooo)

Here it comes, ready or not. Let's cut to the chase.

Mr Stone expressed sincere gratitude for our "confidence-bolstering" reviews and comments. That's great, for starters. The main subsequent points of the 2-page letter are:

- A breakdown of countries in which our beloved film did well, and less well. Spain, Brazil, Italy, Russia, korea and Croatia got special mention for good turnout, so anyone reading from any of those - be nice to the rest of us. He recognises the exceptional individuals from all the English-speaking countries who knew what they were talking about too, Wink so slaps on the back all round. Very Happy
- (Deep breath) the DVD - which is scheduled for release June 14th (US date), will be split into 2 versions. A full-length theatrical release of 2hr55, and that "safe" version. Keep it under your hats, the rest of the world doesn't deserve to know this, 'kay?
- He says what a rewarding experience the whole process was, albeit a bit painful at times.
- It's noted that people like us with a bit of background knowledge historically seemed to have a better understanding of what's going on in the film, as we weren't overloaded with information all at once.
- He says not to take any notice of rumours re the DVD and other things, they're mostly all total cobblers (like "high-school gossip"). Yessir!
- It's signed off with the phrase "to a community of discerning and spiritually-aware adults from different countries, I send my deepest thanks".
That's us, that is!

I will talk more on it later, as well as getting myself up to date around here, I'm well irked I've missed such a lot of chat in a few days. Me old girl is giving me grief for being on the net! God, it's like being a teenager again. Rolling Eyes

Well, that's a successful conclusion to Phase I. For Phase II, I want to concentrate on finding a way to get the hell hold of the entire shot 4 hours or so of film.

S'later gang
L
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lardvaark you big joker you - I'm blowing you a massive kiss across the great field of information that is the internet - WHAT A FANTASTIC RESULT!
WE ARE VICTORIOUS - ALEXANDRIANS, WE HAVE CONQUERED
(alright pip now shut up)

Well done Lardvaark - I'm so pleased your tenacity paid off - at least we can all sleep soundly tonight with the safe knowledge our beloved film will survive to DVD (as it is) or will it - 2hrs 55mins? - I seem to remember only being in the cinema for around 2 and a half???????????

Anyway - who cares, the DVD will be released as we all remember it - OS knows he's got supporters even in the countries that it didn't do too well in - so cheers all round - thanks also to Kevin for being our intermediary -
GOD AM I GLAD I FOUND THIS PLACE...... Very Happy
Aristophanes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Told ya that the guy is awsome. I was sure he'd release the theatrical version.
What about the pre-theatrical-release-cut 3h 45m (or more) one? Boy, I'm holding my breath for this one!
Adriv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be at the video store first thing on June 14th buying the video that´s for sure!
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Lardvaark, I am very pleased an dhappy but have been fairly ill with food poisoning today [mild], so will write more later XXX to you all.
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, lardvarrk!! Way to go!!

Thank you for the information. WE are happy campers over at the Dreamworks forum, as well. This is good news.

I have one more question. Did he say anything about extras on the DVD? Maybe we will get that information when the specs for the DVD are announced. I hope we get a lot of those.

I hope you feel better soon, Catherine. I had food poisoning once. It is the pits!!

Dara
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry lardvaark, I spelled you name wrong in my post. I apologize for that.

Dara Smile
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what to say - completely speechless!!! My heart is beating sooooo fast. This is such fantastic news. 2hr 55min - OH YEAH, OH YEAH, OH YEAH, OH YEAH (while dancing around the room!). June 14th - the countdown begins.

Thank you very very much to laardvark and Kevin; you are both awesome!!!

Laardvark - if I were you I'd frame the letter and hang it on the wall.

Pam
halfaery

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..."adults"... heh... What does he mean with it? He thinks we´re not sane?

...+ i guess i´m nothing, as a finn, for him, so from now on, i guess i have no choice than quit caring about him or his films either!...

I didn´t mean it, not really.
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify a little something...

The theatrical version of 'Alexander' is 2 hours 55 minutes long (at least the version I saw). The film was originally 4 hours, to which Stone then edited it to the version we all saw.

I would just love to see that hour he did take out. I am sure there is some good stuff there.

Dara Smile
Aristophanes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...+ i guess i´m nothing, as a finn, for him, so from now on, i guess i have no choice than quit caring about him or his films either!...

*headdesk*

btw most extended versions come out after the release of the 'normal' DVD (see LOTR). I think that's the case, considering that Stone recently said that he has 'a mountain before him' about his work on the DVD and that he might be working on it the next 5 years Shocked

[/i]
allison

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the details of the letter, Lardvaark (you rock Cool ) - June 14th. Might just be able to hold out till around then (wonder when the Australian release date will be?)

I hope OS does do an extended DVD - with full commentaries (from OS, the writing/historian team, and ALL CAST MEMBERS - especially our Colin, Jared, JRM, Francesco, Angelina J, and Val K Very Happy
lardvaark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's great, innit?

Pipsqueak, have received the big kiss, there was a bit of a delay what with internet hassle but it got here in the end. And don't ever shut up.
Catherine, hope your food poisoning has gone now. Sounds rough.

Glad you lot are so pleased. I will keep the letter safe as humanly possible - to the extent that I've left it where it is, don't want to risk bringing it down here as my co-tenants have previously proven themselves more than capable of trying to burn the house down. But at a future date I will type it out in full, and I'll bring it along if anyone ever wants to meet up at some point.
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you all know, I've received confirmation from my contact in Warner that the letter I emailed has been passed on to OS. I'll be sure to let you know if we receive a reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: