Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Film Studies Course
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Thanks Nebari, that means such a lot to get a congratulation from a fellow Alexandrian Very Happy

I hope I will continue with the course, there are a lot of other pressures on me at the moment. But my teacher said I don't have to tell her if I'm carrying on until September! So that is less pressure.

But anyway, if I do carry on to A level, we have to do an auteur project [in case you don't know, an auteur is a director who has a very personal style to all his/ her films so you can say 'oh that's a film by so and so' even if you didn't know the name of the director. Something like that, hope that makes sense].

Anyway, guess which director I will choose if I do this project? Someone with the initials O. S.?Wink

****I really like these Alexander forums, it is the most supportive website I belong to. Very Happy ****

Oh Catherine - that's a hard one; I don't think I can figure out who you would choose with the initials O and S. Hmmm. Is it Oscar somebody?

Actually, that is very exciting; I am really happy for you about the great news with your film studies coarse. Now you must go on so you can do that project about O.S. Then, you can buy the Alexander DVD (all the different versions) solely because of academic needs - you will have to study his work.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now you must go on so you can do that project about O.S. Then, you can buy the Alexander DVD (all the different versions) solely because of academic needs - you will have to study his work.

Oh yes, of course! That will be a good reason for me to get the Al DVD! I'll tell my husband that I HAVE to get it for research purposes, the first minute it comes out! Hurrah!

Can't believe I've only seen this film once! And there's at least 2 months til the DVD comes out.

I think I will be swept up with Star Wars fever by May, that has been the most long running obsession in my life Very Happy If only Luke Skywalker had had an affair with Han Solo, that would make it perfect. Laughing
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke and Han Solo - I never thought about that before but that would be good!

Now Catherine, you cannot go disappearing in May just as the DVD is coming out. I would have to fly out to England and slap some sense into you girl!
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slap some sense into me? Can't you bring Colin or Jared with you from America, then they can slap me instead? Because of course as you live in America, you are bumping into stars every day Laughing
nebari_at_heart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*big kiss*

sounds like MAJOR fun! i understand pressure totally, though i'm guessing mine is less, as i am only doing my GCSEs...i use the word "only" lightly...

so what kind of stuff will you be doing for this project? i'm really interested - cuz i'm doing FS next year for AS, as i said before...i think...did i? well i am...yeah.
oh yeah, i have some good new myself!!
COLLYERS COLLEGE HAS ACCEPTED ME!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy they have a really great studio there - i went on an enrichment course last year called "video production", where we got to use all the equipment and make a video and learnt loads about film making and stuff. it was fascinating and amazing fun, especially for year 10, 14-year-old me!! i can;t wAIT for next year, when i will finally be free from the depths of hell [aka my school] .

Nari
nebari_at_heart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, *again* i was a tad late...
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Nebari- college is so much better than school! Very Happy I will write more to you soon as I have to go now- my eyes are going square from staring at the computer too long!
Catherine X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello nebari

The auteur project I hope to be doing is where you take one director who you think is an auteur, think of a question such as: Spielberg uses fear of the unknown in all his films, particularly Duel, Jaws and Jurassic Park [that is the project my friend did last year]. Then you have to prove this theory by using clips of films and research. It is an A level project so it will be in your second year.

Of course I will do Oliver Stone and have to think of a theory which includes Alexander. I hope to do it in the summer holidays and write to Oliver to get info from him. I was pleased to read that he thinks Alexander was his favourite film, like all of us on here think.

It depends on my boss whether I can do the course next year cos I am only doing it this year because I am supporting a student through his course. I might be needed in other classes next year Sad

Your enrichment course sounds like it was fun, and soon you will be at the college! There's only 3 or 4 more months at school for you and then you will be free! Very Happy
lardvaark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, seen this one a weeny bit too late.

Sorry - congratulations to all!

And Nari, don't play down your GCSEs! I'm sure everyone remembers how evil they were - I do and that was a decade ago. Yeah - totally agree with CX, college whacks the hell out of school. Then (IMHO) uni whacks the hell out of college. Smile It can only get better from here on in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: