Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD has been realeased?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen that 'Laserdisken' the Danish site made available even the 2disc version! Evil or Very Mad Dammit! When I ordered there was only the 1disc theatrical version. Any way, for now, it's ok.Then I'll buy the 2discs when they are for sale here in Italy.What else to do ? Maybe I'll change my order. I'll see.
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't changed my order yet but I did change my avatar image. After all this board is for Alexander and he deserves to be with his beloved friend.
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alessandros wrote:
i think only the US n UK will get the director's cut version while others will get the original theatrical version!

I don't think this is true, alessandros. I think everyone will see the theatrical version.

I have already said this on the previous page, so I won't beat a dead horse anymore. I just wish WB would get on the stick with this DVD announcement!!

Dara Smile
miss_scarlett

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gooood morning!
I've received friday (from laserdisken.dk) Alexander's dvd. There are some interesting extras (a documentary, the making of, interviews and so on). It's so wonderful.

And this is for JOANNA di Cuneo (in our language):
Ciao joanna, spero che tu sappia molto bene l'inglese perchè a *** delle nostre versioni dei dvd non ci sono i sottotitoli in inglese.
Io l'ho guardato sabato, so l'inglese, ma senza l'aiuto dei sottotitoli inglesi è così difficile seguirlo (anche perchè stone ha lasciato che ognuno parlasse con il suo proprio accento). Comunque è veramente bello. Spero ti arrivi presto!
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Scarlett

Morning to you (and all the other Al fans) many thanks for your helpful advice. I've just (I hope) completed the order. I put in my credit card details (another day deeper in debt - but it's for Al so it's worth it) and this is the screen I got

Tak for din ordre i Laserdisken
MY ADDRESS
Din betaling blev accepteret.
Vi har registreret følgende:
Bestillingsnummer: 66983-20050411-094419
Transaktionsnummer: MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER

Dato: 11. april 2005
Type Titel Pris i kr

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DVD Alexander (2-disc) 249.00 kr
Forsendelse 30.00 kr

Ialt 279.00 kr

Du har valgt betalingsformen: Mastercard
Vi hæver først beløbet, når vi sender varen.
Forsendelsesomkostninger er beregnet under forudsætning af, at ordren leveres samlet.
Læs "Forsendelse" for nærmere oplysninger om samlede ordrer og delte ordrer.

Klik her for en udskrift af ordrebekræftelsen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Din samlede ordre i Laserdisken har følgende status:
Følgende varer er endnu ikke ankommet:
Bestilt dato:
DVD Alexander (2-disc) 249.00 kr 11/4-2005

Vi afventer stadig levering af bestilte varer.

So - is that what you got - if so - GREAT - if not - DAMN!
How long did you have to wait for yours - sorry to be so inquistive - it's just that my heart is getting a little out of rythym at the thought that I might soon be able to watch Al and Heph strut there stuff - YIPPPEEEEEEE
miss_scarlett

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've waited for one week but when i've ordered it, it was only on booking. Now they have the dvd on sell. So, i think within two or three days you'll have your film!
Bye
halfaery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it yesterday. No time to to watch the movie yet, but there seems to be 7 minutes missing. I wonder what does it include. The bonus dvd was a disappointment. Why are we shown Stone´s "family portrait" ie. his mother, his son´s opinions about his father + unsteady camera work, heh-heh, Oliver´s deep self-analyzes and view to his other movie´s etc...? I mean, was the bonus dvd really the right place to go through things like this, as an explanation to the way how Alexander movie was made? As a fan I expected something else; more about the characters, more about the historical facts and how they were shown in the movie, a lot more about actors and what was going on with them on the sets!
halfaery

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oopss...7 minutes are not missing... it´s because of the different runtime in Europe and US. Heh... not everything is OS's fault...
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Halfaery - does that mean that there are 7 minutes missing, or that eastern europe's theatrical version was 7 minutes shorter than the UK and USA's - and if so, Wwhat's missing?

Glad to hear you got the DVD though - I'm eagerly awaiting my copy and I'm about to kill my postman if he dosen't deliver it soon Razz
Susa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the 2 disc DVD set from the Danish site in a moment of impatient madness too. A word of warning to anyone else ordering - I experienced problems at first in getting my credit card details input. Now it seems I have inadvertently ordered 2 copies! Embarassed Also, I am trying to understand the invoice - I had calculated the cost for the 2 disc edition to be about £25 including postage - but there seems to be additional costs on the invoice for the copy that arrived today, which I'll need to investigate.

I just checked the contents quickly. The movie is the complete theatrical version. Cool Subtitles are in Nordic languages, obviously - and they can be turned off and the movie viewed without them. There are no English subtitles and - sadly - no director's commentary. The second disc contains what was the HBO 'making of...' documentary and Sean Stone's as yet unaired documentary about the movie. I've not had chance to view this in detail yet, but I was fascinated to see it contains some of Colin's screen test for Alexander, he's wearing a makeshift costume and his Doris Day blonde wig as he called it. The rest of the disc contains interviews I've seen before and the theatrical trailer for Alexander and other movies. Surprised There is something called B-Roll - this seems to consist of alternative takes of some key scenes. For instance, the 'conquer your fear speech'... looks fascinating.

Now to work out what to do about that additional copy Embarassed
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Susa

Glad you got it sorted in the end - even though you ended up with two copies - but I'm sure someone on this forum would just LURVE to buy it from you.

I had problems ordering too - I think at first they were expecting me to pay for the item at a Bank or something - I obviously clicked the wrong thing - so I emailed them and asked for advice. I got a very helpful response within a day telling me exactly what I would need to do in orer to purchase DVD with credit card - so if anyone else is having trouble - email them and they'll help out.

I haven't received my copy yet - fingers crossed for today. The total of my orderr was 279 kr - which included 30 kr p&p, I think. God knows what this converts to - but it's for Al - so it's worth it....

Can't wait! Very Happy
miss_scarlett

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same experience:

If you have bought the dvd from the site
WWW.DVD.DK you can e-mail at their complian-address (reklamation@dvd.dk). They allow you to resend the disk and they will refund the money.

bye
miss_scarlett

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The danish site LASERDISKEN.DK has announced that "due to the great requires all over europe the Alexander dvd is now out of stock. It will be available again within one week"
I'm very glad that at least the dvd has had the success that this film deserved!! Very Happy
Susa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Glad you got it sorted in the end - even though you ended up with two copies - but I'm sure someone on this forum would just LURVE to buy it from you.

Well - my second copy did arrive today, so if anyone wants to make me an offer... do let me know, and I can have it in the post to you. Otherwise, I have been in touch with those nice English-speaking people at the Danish site, and I can send it back with no problem, as miss scarlett did. I was amazed at how quickly they delivered - just two or three days after ordering. They must have been doing great business with the movie, just shows there is demand.

(Pipsqueak - re the price: I calculated the UK cost via one of those exchange sites. However, my invoice seems to have a total on which says 327.00. I am going to email them and check the info.)
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

miss_scarlett wrote:
The danish site LASERDISKEN.DK has announced that "due to the great requires all over europe the Alexander dvd is now out of stock. It will be available again within one week"
I'm very glad that at least the dvd has had the success that this film deserved!! Very Happy

What! That's why I'm still waiting for it. It's been a whole week now!!! Yes I'm glad about the success the DVD has Very Happy , but I'm running out of patience. I CAN'T WAIT any more! Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: