Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Newbie from England

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: A Newbie from England Reply with quote

Hello Alexander (the movie) lovers and haters, and all those simmering somewhere inbetween.
Greetings from sunny England (Yeah right!) hope this post finds you all well.
This is my first time joining a discussion board (I know - where have I been!) but have always enjoyed reading them. However, after hearing all of the negative reviews for the movie, have felt compelled to add my voice to those who support what is admittedly a different but excellent film.
A little about myself: My name's Phil, I'm 28 (and dreading 30) working in Finance (yawns) but enjoys life as much as I possible (and only sometimes responsibly) can.
Other than enjoying films I love to read (purely for pleasure) listen to music (I range from Tori Amos to Rammstein!!) and try my best to avoid imbibing too much alcohol....

Look forward to speaking to you all soon
Fare-the-well
longbow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi m8,i live in England too and have just turned 30 Sad its not nice ,its all down hill from now on Wink Laughing
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Hello Phil Reply with quote

I joined this forum the other day, I've been on a few in the past and this one's great fun. Have a look at some of the discussions, some of them have made me fall about laughing Laughing

I really like Alexander and don't understand the negative stuff written about it Confused

Have fun here Smile
mOoK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there welcome 2 da board!! Very Happy Enjoy xXx Wink
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both to Longbow and catherine X for the warm welcome.
Longbow - I've got 21 mths to go until the big 3 0 - and boy am I making the most of it!

catherineX - I agree, some of the disucussions are hilarious and very informative - gee, I've learned more here than I did in history at school!
Sorry I missed that documentary you mentioned on one of your posts - sounds like it was good. I love the way Colin Farrell talks - who else can swear that much and get away with it...
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there mOok, thanks for the welcome...
lardvaark

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wotcha Pipsqueak

I'm glad one or two people have joined in after me - otherwise I get paranoid that I'm the "kiss of death" that leads to these discussions dying out. I don't reckon anyone minds, bearing in mind how late we got the film over here.

Also great to see someone else in the "pro-" camp (I was impressed by the film), and who's not afraid to admit it.

Have fun, pal

L
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Laardvark, nice to see you back and hope you are okay. I too get paranoid when I'm the last person in a discussion and think I'm the kiss of death.

Well, here goes. I'm glad Pipsqueak and Longbow are around 30, cos I'm 36. I expect I'm the oldest on this board but let me tell you, life only gets better after 30, mine certainly has Very Happy Re: Colin's speech- yeah its great isn't it?
Pipsqueak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lardvaark - (love the name Laughing )

Thanks for the welcome - glad to hear your an Al fan - my God people, we might actually be starting a gang here - who knows, we might persuade the world to look with better eyes upon the film and appreciate it for what it is - something a bit different...

Hope everything's good with you

BFN
Alec

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

Welcome among us, lovers of Alexander... (not the man, the movie i mean Wink )
I won't be as warm as the others've been...
But still welcome Very Happy

Alec
galatasaray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im bit late wit the welcome sorry, so anyway: welcome to all the newcomers!! im relatively new too but been following some of the discussions before that. Ah the fun! and man i thought i was old (hehe jus kidin!) now i feel like a teenager again Cool im 20 aproachin 21 Confused
galatasaray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine I just realised we joined on the same day, lol, I dont kno why but i had this idea in my head that you were a member a long time ago!
lardvaark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 25, and 25 IS NOT TOO OLD to be in a gang, I reckon. So a gang we shall have.

Especially as I'm still at "school".
dizzielizzie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: heeeeeeeerrrrrrssssss lizzzie Reply with quote

Well it looks like you lot all have the upper hand over me .I havn't seen Alexander !arg! it came and went in a flash at the cinema .Ever since I have been desperatly trying to find out when the DVD is coming out ,thats when I found this site. Very Happy
I will just watch anything with the gorgeous colin in .
I've read all the hype about the film ,but I never met an oliver stone film I didnt like .
So I will just be patient till I can get my hands on it {the dvd }
look forward to reading many more postings
byyeeee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: