Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ode to Jared Leto
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jared Leto
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isela

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
the important thing is to have a good time
and i really enjoy at writing it.
and your poem is very nice creative Razz
and noticed the fact with the eyes of jared
in alexander they look blue beautiful blue
but in the cd of 30stm they look gray.
well whatever the color his eyes always look wonderful.
nebari_at_heart

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh jared with ever-changing eyes! we love you so!

jared's guitar is just awesome! it's called Pythagoras after his dog after um...the philosopher, of course. have you seen it? he drew out the picture [he's a visual artist as well ] and it's beautiful, like him Very Happy

just off to find the link! maybe i should do an "ode to pythagoras.." Laughing
oh and Isela - that poem is wonderful! J makes such a great subject for poetry!
Nari
Delilah

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm new here. I watched a movie the other night with Mr. Leto in it and it made me come on here and look for other movies that I need to buy.
Just to give you all a bit of back ground. . .
I first saw Jared on My So-called Life when I was 14 or 15 (I think). I related so closely with Angela (although I'm now a lit more like Rayanne). I was an introverted teen in the middle of deciding whether to stay friends with a life-long friend or to go with a new friend who made me feel more alive.
I related very strongly with Angela's lust for Jordan (played by Jared, like you don't know that already) because I wasn't really the kind of girl who could talk to guys. (I ended up losing a lot of weight that year and started talking to guys more.) But I digress, I watched this show constantly (I taped all the episodes) and thought that Jared not only portrayed a great loner/slacker, but was also georgous.
When I was a freshman I dropped my science class because my teacher accused me of being bulemic and insisted on talking about it all the time (I wasn't bulemic, though, I lost weight because I was on the wrestling team and in cheer). So instead of taking the class the next year, I decided to take bio instead. Then being that it was a required class, I had to take freshman science when I was a junior. Embarrassing as all hell 'cause I was in class with people my little sister's age.
Sitting in the back, not knowing a soul, I saw HIM. He came in a little late, and sat down right in front of me. All I could think was, holy crap, he looks like Jared Leto. Same beautiful blue eyes, same body shape, same hair. Instant infatuation.
I was still in the stage where I couldn't talk to guys all that well, so I did every thing in my power to get him to notice me with out actually talking to him. I knew he was into music, 'cause he always had band tees on. I've always been into music, so I brought in some CD's (this time around I got a really cool teacher who let us listen to music while studying). I brought in some Pink Floyd CD's. He came up to me and all he said was, 'hey, I like Pink Floyd, too. I think you look really hot in pink.' Then went and sat down. What the hell? I thought. Oh well, it worked.
Anyway. I never got the nerve to talk to him again that year. I dropped out the following year because of an overbearing guidance councilor. I saw him again two years later at a park where the local teens congregate. By this time, I wore all black and was listening to death metal and underground punk music. He came up and said, 'you're that girl from science class, the one who likes Pink Floyd, why aren't you wearing pink?' I told him that I wore pink a lot because it was what the girls in cheer wore and I wanted so badly to fit in then, but that I didn't give two **** any more. He said oh, and walked away, leaving me speechless (mostly because he remembered me).
I ended up moving to Maine for almost two years and didn't get to see him again for a while. When I moved back, I went to drop off my son at the sitter, someone I hadn't used before, but a friend of mine had, so I trusted them. I walk in and I was bent over taking my son's shoes off and I hear excuse me, I need to get in. I was blocking the door and James (I later found out that was his name) was trying to get in. I nearly fell over. There he was again. I was wearing a light pink shirt that said hottie on it with a long black sweater over it. Mind you, I had changed quite a bit since the last time I saw him (babies will do that to you), and he said, 'I told you that you look good in pink.'
A couple weeks later, I went to a house party, knowing he would be there and I wanted to look my best, I bought a really cute pink shirt with Rainbow Brite on it, wore my black sweater over it, actually put on make-up and when my ride pulled up, I was in the middle of putting on mascara and forgot one eye.
I got there and we were playing a drinking game called Ass hole and President. When you're ass hole, you can make people drink before dealing the cards and he kept picking me to drink. I leaned over to him and got really close and said, 'you're trying to get me drunk, aren't you?' He said, 'well, maybe, are you getting drunk?' Then he says, 'your eyes look funny', I said, 'yeah they kind of look like the guy's fron A Clockwork Orange, huh?' He said, 'I love that book, I'm glad you do too.'
To make a really long story a little shorter, we ended up making out that night and he ended up moving in with me. We were only friends (with a few benefits, though), but I was very rapidly falling in love with him. We did every thing together and he was so great with my son.
One day he tells me he's going to go live with his father because he thought that I cared more for him than I did my son. He did end up leaving and I nearly went crazy while he was gone, I ended up giving my parents temporary custody of my son, because I no longer had a live-in sitter and was working two jobs and going back to school and I couldn't afford day-care for him any more. They only lived right down the street, so I got to see him all the time. But the combination of James being gone and my son being gone, I was really depressed and started drinking a lot.
James ended up coming back; showed up on my door step, bags in hands, his father waiting to see if I'd let him in. I waved his father away, and welcomed him back into my home with very happy open arms.
Eventually he told me that I drink too much and that I should try something quicker. We started doing drugs together (nothing like meth or coke or any thing illegal, really). It was Robotussin. Drank a bottle of it a day, just to make the hurt go away. He ended up going to jail for posession of THC, third offense and I stayed behind, still drinking the 'Tussin.
I ended up going to jail as well, because while in the midst of drinking the 'Tussin, you don't think so clearly and I thought it would be a good idea to steal some one's check book. It wasn't. I got caught, went to jail, went through withdraw; both fron James and from the 'Tussin.
It's been years since I've seen James. I only saw him twice after we got out of jail and a couple of times while we were there. The last time I saw him, he wanted to drink some 'Tussin with me. Being that I have a very hard time saying no to those eyes (come on, they look just like Jared's, could you say no?), I did it and I now know that I will never do it again.
Even though I am engaged to be married (two months and counting down) and I have three soon-to-be step children, I still think of James every time I see a Jared Leto movie or I listen to 30 STM, and I get a little tear in my eye. You never forget your first love.
Now, the reason I told you guys all that crap, is to explain the reasoning behind these two poems I would like to share with you. My poems don't rhyme at all. But I like them.
Sorry if I bored you all to death.

Good-Bye My Love
I don't know how much longer I can pretend that I'm over you.
The love I feel is overwhelming.
The power of my feelings for you makes my heart ache.
The fact that my love is unrequited kills a part of me each day.
It's so hard for me to see you throwing your life away.
You're so smart and talented, unique and original;
How can you sit, wasting your time with drugs?
I have no room to talk, though,
I love getting ****-up,
Just as much as you; if not more.
I love the feeling of being immortal-
But we're not.
Our lives will eventually end,
Probably sooner than later,
If we continue down this destructive, dead-end path.
So, what I'm saying is-
No more drug binges,
No more crime sprees,
No more living my life wondering-
What's next?
And if you can't understand that;
Then, I guess, no more you.
I can't go down a sober path;
Still in love with someone
Who is only in love with drugs.
So, today,
I say good-bye.

Paradise Beyind You
There was no way not to be excited
When he who I had been disillusioned by
Raised his head from his arms and wanted to talk to me.
I forgot everything-family, friends, my whole life;
Going where I believed this form of reality must dwell.
Not finding him there, I refused any further contact,
Until I was there again, trying to forget the only thing that moved me,
It seemed;
And gave me what I will forever have,
But in the form of a disillusion.
Although, sometimes, looking toward the horizon,
There is something there I have never found.
And that, without having previous experience,
I could never have imagined.
How could I have thought
There was one person who could make me sublimely happy?
So disappointed that the happiness was not
The unparalleled pleasure I had thought it would be.
Why do I keep believing in this reality,
So dependant on the pleasure he brought, that I ignored the pain?
I think that I am ready now to leave that pleasurable pain;
Voyage out on my own,
Prepared for everything life promised I could do.

I hope you guys enjoyed my novella and my poems. Thanks for reading.

-Delilah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Adriv

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow .... Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jared Leto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: