Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maz

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Hello... Reply with quote

Hey Guys, I watched Alexander a few nights ago and haven't had it off since. I'm hugely interested in this particular person and the overall lifestyle of the time. I've always had a great interest and apreciation for acient history eg. Greece, Romans, Egyptians etc. and watching this film sparked it up even more. The fact that we can only ever no so much really intrigues me immenseley.

As for the film istelf it was IMO spectacular. I really can't understand why there was so much negativity surrounding the whole project. I think critics wanted this film to be horrible more then anything else and went as low to criticise the hairstyles Rolling Eyes which I found pretty immature. I must make a confession though; I've had the film on pirate copy for some time now and never bothered to watch because of what critics had said. Laughing Last time I listen to critics.

I put the film on out of boredom and from the get go I felt thoroughly involved with these people and this world. The acting was brilliant, and why Colin Farrell was slated for his performance, I'll never fathom a reason why. His acting was powerful and touched me. I wanted to care for this person when times were bad. I wanted to support this person when no on else would and I can honestly say I've never felt so in touch with a character depicted in a film before. Other stand out performances were Angelina Jolie as Olyimpius / Connor Paolo as Young Alexander & Jared Leto as Hythystian.

Wow that was a rant and to finish off I'd like to say Hi, I'm Maz aka Kate Razz .
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello... Reply with quote

Hi Kate. Welcome, you have found the haven of people who love Alexander. We all feel the same as you so have a look round and enjoy. Smile

Maz wrote:
Hey Guys, I watched Alexander a few nights ago and haven't had it off since.

Re: your quote above. I do feel like saying though: sorry Alexander had this effect on you, hope you forgive him Laughing

Now you know the 'Carry On' tone of this website Wink
joanna

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Maz. Welcome to the board. Don't listen to critics again! They shot 'Alexander' but they couldn't kill him! Very Happy
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Maz, welcome to the board! I hope you enjoy participating in it.
Maz

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome guys Wink
Ysoria

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

critics are people who tried to say obscure things to made themselves sound smart. the whole idea being they simply note the general perceived receptiveness and say pseudo-intellectual stuff to justify their verdict (that was decided before all that analysis). as such, i refused to believe critics. Laughing

and welcome!
Maz

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Smile
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello... Reply with quote

Maz wrote:
I'm hugely interested in this particular person and the overall lifestyle of the time. I've always had a great interest and apreciation for acient history eg. Greece, Romans, Egyptians etc. and watching this film sparked it up even more. The fact that we can only ever no so much really intrigues me immenseley.

I feel the same exactly way Maz. Very Happy

I hope you enjoy the stay here, we┬┤re very friendly and like I usually welcome everybody here for the first time, I welcome you to drink wine and toast to "Alexander" Smile
Maz

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! And thanks for the nice Welcome... from everybody. It already feels like a very nice welcoming place Smile
cindoo15

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Maz - Welcome; I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
isela

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello welcome to the forum Very Happy
the important thing here is u enjoy the movie.
i hope u like this forum and of course to read a lot from you.
have a good time Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: