Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kingdom Of Heaven
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link birdiemom94. I heard the samples, I like some of them I probably buy it.

I heard Troy´s samples, not sure if I like it much, but Gladiator´s proves to be better than Troy.

But no one can compare to Alexander´s soundtrack, I think is better than all of them, great music. I love my soundtrack. Very Happy
Maz

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on seeing the movie but like catherine I find it hard to imagine Bloom in a dominant role, we'll see.
isela

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched kingdon of heaven last wednesday and i like it but as Alexandros_19 said the problem is the unrealistic part but without it i feel its a good movie, good especial effects, nice clothes, orlando bloom,
i give it a happy face i mean a 10
of course my favorite movie is ALEXANDER and it has a 100000000000
but Alexander is very different and i found Alexander deeper more feels, more historical, better actors, a wonderful director, etc etc
talking again about Kingdom of heaven let me tell u my favorite part was when the sick king is ridding his horse toward the Muslin King Saladin.
i dont know whiy but it was mystical or something like that. maybe it was cause the king was all in white and with a mask and it was a golden cross, gigantic golden cross and i dont know it created a very mystic atmophere.
alessandros

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acturely i dont really like the film.....i understand that its a great movie and its directed by a great director.....but i think its quite dull.....i jus dont get the gist of it....
Adriv

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isela wrote:
talking again about Kingdom of heaven let me tell u my favorite part was when the sick king is ridding his horse toward the Muslin King Saladin.
i dont know whiy but it was mystical or something like that. maybe it was cause the king was all in white and with a mask and it was a golden cross, gigantic golden cross and i dont know it created a very mystic atmophere.

You know what Isela..... one of my favorite character besides Orlando´s character is King Baldwin (Ed Norton), I just like his character, not sure why? something about him, mysterious but nice.
Ysoria

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adriv wrote:
isela wrote:

You know what Isela..... one of my favorite character besides Orlando´s character is King Baldwin (Ed Norton), I just like his character, not sure why? something about him, mysterious but nice.

my friend too. we watched the show today and she was so fascinated by him. LOL. was it the mask?
Adriv

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mysterious, kinda sexy Wink
Ysoria

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i reminded her that behind the mask was a leper, and quite arguably speaking left little to be desired.

but truly...hes got a sexy voice. Laughing that poor poor boy!
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ysoria wrote:
and i reminded her that behind the mask was a leper, and quite arguably speaking left little to be desired.

Well, you´re right, except that part. Yikes! Confused
Goldsnail

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally saw it Smile And i really liked it, surprisingly enough because I'm anything but a Bloom-fan - but he did really good in this one. There were a lot of little things that I really liked in this movie, and Saladin was just well-done Smile the King of Jerusalem was great, too. Did a lot of acting with just his eyes visible, but there was so much in them.
Adriv

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... we all like king Baldwin, something about him isn´t he?
Goldsnail

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the mystery. A young man, a philosopher, a king, face hidden by a mask - if it wasn't history, one should have to write fiction about it. It's got everything that's cool about stories.
Ysoria

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually didnt like this story as much. its like another of those hero-preeching-about-modernised-equality. kinda dulled. plus the hero was really being very difficult.....

although the first time i heard of this argument was a very old show about the Huns invasion of ancient ***. It was one devastated woman (i was very young so i forgot who said it but i think she's the emperor's consort) that got to the battlefield and said,

"Whats the point of calling them different, when now in bones and ashes they are quite the same as the Chinese? Who can really differentiate the remains of Huns or Chinese?" Laughing

i actually like that. (but i must be younger than 10 at that time.)
alessandros

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldsnail wrote:
It's the mystery. A young man, a philosopher, a king, face hidden by a mask - if it wasn't history, one should have to write fiction about it. It's got everything that's cool about stories.

i think there is!!! take ur time to find it!........
isela

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy u got me girls, yeah i found king Baldwin very attractive and kinda sexy and I agree totally with goldsnail about the mystery.
and I have another theory about it; maybe we like him because the king was so tender a good boy attacked by a terrible illnes, the thing is he had a pure heart but a terrible disease that makes him look ugly. his appareance was the opposite his feelings. and he express a lot of things with his sad eyes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: