Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Hello again Reply with quote

I hope some people here still remember me. I have not been posting for a while for a very good reason but now feel well enough to come back Smile

I am going to buy the special edition of Alexander on 1st August, and I read that people are worried this site is losing members, so I just wanted to say I'm still here.

Catherine.
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Catherine!! I'm so glad you are back. Yes, we are losing some members, but many of us are staying and posting every day. In the reading group, we are about to finish reading the Anabasis of Alexander and we are going to start reading and commenting Plutarch (which is shorter and very interesting) next week. I hope you join us there.
Ok, we'll be expecting your posts. We also thought of starting to comment the movie by scenes when most get the DVD.
apelles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Catherine.Of course we remember you--a founder member of the great order of Alexandrians Very Happy Welcome back.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine who? Laughing Laughing

I'm so glad to see you're back. Any news you want to share with us or shall we just fantasize that you were stranded on a deserted island with Colin and Jared!
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only I had been stranded on a desert island with the lovely lads. Razz

Well, I'll be brave and tell every one that soon a new Alexandrian will be joining the world, probably in January. I have been extremely unwell but just starting to feel better and able to eat almost normal sized meals. We're still in shock but hopefully won't make too much of a hash of being parents Rolling Eyes
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. I'm sure you will do fine. Very Happy
cindoo15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I couldn't be happier for you.

Pam
isela

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy CONGRATULATIONS Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Catherine,I,m so pleased for you.Congrats.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the congratulations. I have missed being around here but obviously life went a bit mad for the last few months, and not having seen Alexander since January, I have lost touch with it all Sad

But! We got our new DVD player today, the other one was so crap, it stopped working just after the guarantee ran out [surprise surprise]. So now all I need is to wait for August 1st and I will get to see all the old friends again. I am NOT getting the Directors Cut, I will get the theatrical release/ Special Edition. Very Happy
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: So am I! Reply with quote

Just because I don't post (made up for that tonight) I do take a peek here to see whats happening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: