Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello
View previous topic :: View next topic  
athene

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:14 am    Post subject: New member Reply with quote

I just joined, have been reading a little while. I did not get a chance to see the movie in the theater sadly when it was out due to RL taking over. So you can imagine how happy I was when it came out on DVD.

I picked up a copy of the Directors cut 2 disc version, and watched it in one sitting. I enjoyed it so much, a week later I had a copy of the Theatrical version as well on DVD.

I think I like the Theatrical Version a bit more.

I will say I do love the film score, as I have been listening to it for quite some time.

I am a gal in my 30's who is a fan of the classics. Loved Troy, The Odyssey and Cleopatra movies as well. I love any and all movies or sources on the Greek gods, and Alexander fits right into my collection.

I think one of my favorite scenes, and how I knew I was hooked was the scene with Ptolemy at the beginning. Very moving.

It's nice to meet you all and look forward to chatting with you. I have to say, I am very glad to see a discussion board on Alexander!
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: New member Reply with quote

athene wrote:
I just joined, have been reading a little while. I did not get a chance to see the movie in the theater sadly when it was out due to RL taking over. So you can imagine how happy I was when it came out on DVD.

I picked up a copy of the Directors cut 2 disc version, and watched it in one sitting. I enjoyed it so much, a week later I had a copy of the Theatrical version as well on DVD.

Athene, welcome to the forum! As I always say, it is very nice to have new members coming in. I hope you enjoy discussing with us and I hope you like it and stay for long, as many of us here do.
As you may have read, we've discussed about hundreds of topics related to Alexander as a historical figure, about the movie Alexander, the actors, and other things. Two of our major topics currently are one about the Life of Alexander, by Plutarch (we have a reading group; we've read and commented on Arrian -main source on Alexander- already and this is our second book), and the other one about the movie, commenting it scene by scene. I hope you can join us in one or both.

Quote:
I think I like the Theatrical Version a bit more.

I will say I do love the film score, as I have been listening to it for quite some time.

Yes, I prefer the theatrical release and the score is fantastic.

Quote:
I think one of my favorite scenes, and how I knew I was hooked was the scene with Ptolemy at the beginning. Very moving.

Very Happy Very Happy I'm so happy of finding someone else who backs me up in this statement. Laughing The script there is key to understanding Alexander.

Quote:
It's nice to meet you all and look forward to chatting with you. I have to say, I am very glad to see a discussion board on Alexander!

It's a pleasure to have you with us and also look forward to chatting with you.
joanna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

athene WELCOME Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
apelles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Athene,you,re very welcome here. Very Happy We enjoy discussing anything and everything about Alexander,so I hope you join in and have fun.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Athene, Welcome!! Please do join in the posts - we enjoy new imput.

I guess I'll take the initiative and welcome you offically with a toast to Alexander-the-Great! Usually, Adriv would take these honors but I haven't seen her around for quite a few days now. (Adriv - hello!!)

Glad to have you aboard Athene!

Pam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: