Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from London!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StephenB

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Hello from London! Reply with quote

Hi there....new to the board but have been lurking in the shadows reading all your posts for quite a while. Hopefully here is the place to vent out my obsession with Alexander rather than forcing it upon those close to me who are getting rather sick of hearing about it! (how could they be?! Wink )

I'm sure I'll enjoy posting all the nonsense I have pent up inside of me....and isn't ancient history so great?!
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board Stephen! Yes, that's happened to us all here; people around us has got sick of Alexander, but here we never seem to do, so you can share all of your ideas with us. Also, I want to invite you to the reading group we hold on the sources about Alexander's life. Just last week we've started reading and commenting on Plutarch's Life of Alexander, an entertaining book written by this historian about the personality of Alexander, his childhood and adult life. You can see the discussions at the Alexander the Man section of the forum. If you are interested in ancient history, I hope you join us!
Welcome again. Enjoy!
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome StephenB! enjoy your stay, you´ll like it here. Smile
Michelle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: hi! Reply with quote

Hi Steven,
I am also new, and have bored everyone I know with Alexander.
want to talk to someone I would be glad to talk about it.
nice to meet you,
Michelle Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Stephen.You sound just like us!Most of us lurked around,reading all the posts and then dived in.Come and read Plutarch with us..it,s such fun and we get to blab on about Alexander to people who NEVER get fed up with listening. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: