Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi everyone,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEX22

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Hi everyone, Reply with quote

So, it's my first time here and Ive been trying to figure out how to post! I'm really excited to join this discussion board, as I'm totaly into ancient history and Archaeology-especially Alexander the Great! Very Happy
BEX22

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Me again Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm gonna reply to myself because just realised I'm on here by myself at the moment.
I just tried to vire the Avatar Gallery but when the screen it appeared, it just gave me select avatar or cancel avatar options with no gallery?
Can anyone tell me whee I went wrong. I'll be back again Saturday.Bye.
philalexandros

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!! Very Happy

Welcome in!!!I'm sure you will enjoy it here. The same thing happened to me when i arrived here with the avatar gallery. I suggest you simply press browse and get one off your own computer. Only certain sizes actually work, so you might want to try going into google and searching for small images, then saving them on your computer,and then selecting what you like as your avatar using the same proccess you did before except by pressing browse, and going into the file or document on your computer you saved it under and pressing submit on your profile.. That should work!

Sorry if those instructions were a little confusing.. I'm sure you'll find it out.
BEX22

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Good tip, and thanks for being my first reply post! At least now I've found his forum my mates won't have to listen to me talk about ancient history. My friends started off totally uninterested, and now I've converted them, even into trips to the library for books! I have o read that Plutarch book everyon is on about, I always ad a thing about Alexander from when I was young, but watching the film just got me right back into him. So I'll try the Google thing...
joanna

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome BEX22 to the best forum on Alexander.
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Bex22.I hope you enjoy all the discussions and meet a lot of Alexander addicts.It sounds as though your friends do this Rolling Eyes when you want to talk about the great man!That,s what mine do,anyway. Laughing By the way,I love Malta. Very Happy
BEX22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: to Apelles Reply with quote

Yeah, well, it started a bit like that than they kind of got more into it, like one has watched the film a few times now, and another once but wants me to tell her the story and than watch it again, so she gets it all Shocked . She's really into anything ancient now!! I seem to have that affect on people Wink , she borrows all my DVD's CD's and books!
So you love Malta eh? me too, I'm half English half Maltese, spent half my life in England half in Malta, but there just seems more to enjoy out here Laughing .
Have you been here on holiday? Where are you?
BEX22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:40 pm    Post subject: and to joanna Reply with quote

yeah, it seems really good, I didn't think something like this existed, must be lots more Alexander worshippers than I thought! Good to be amongst like-minded company Very Happy
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Bex22! I hope you enjoy being here with us.
apelles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: to Apelles Reply with quote

BEX22 wrote:
Yeah, well, it started a bit like that than they kind of got more into it, like one has watched the film a few times now, and another once but wants me to tell her the story and than watch it again, so she gets it all Shocked . She's really into anything ancient now!! I seem to have that affect on people Wink , she borrows all my DVD's CD's and books!
So you love Malta eh? me too, I'm half English half Maltese, spent half my life in England half in Malta, but there just seems more to enjoy out here Laughing .
Have you been here on holiday? Where are you?

Well you seem to have a really good effect on people,turning them on to ancient history.Excellent. Very Happy Lucky you living out there.It,s beautiful isn,t it?I,m up in north-west England,so it,s just a short flight.I hope you enjoy the forum.I think you,ll f9nd it very friendly and a lot of fun.
BEX22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Apelles Reply with quote

It's our duty surely to spread knowledge in an interesting way Wink
Yeah, it's great here, but it's nice to come on here and find speople to talk to in my own language! I might be going back to England for a break after Christmas to see my brother and sort some stuff there, I'm originally from London but last lived where he lives now in Wiltshire, so thinking about finding a flat there...I'll just miss Malta so much and my friends here, the little history converts bless 'em! I'm still trying to sort my Avatar with no luck, I tried saving some images but than you have the problem of the size, with it not being too big and all that.
Have you read A Murder in Babylon, I saw it on some site about the cause of Alexanders death, I really fancy reading it, wondered if anyone knows if it's any good?
BEX22

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Alexandros_19 Reply with quote

Yeah, thanks, it's seems great, feel really ancient history obesessed now being here but I wouldn't want to be in any other forum Smile

I saw a post from a member, about some opinion poll on Hephaistion- for Hephaistion fans who check for his name inthe index, feel down about the lack of abundant coverage on such an important and intriguing figure etc- and I clicked on the link and it wasn't working, don't know if the member knows it's still not working, or something wrong I did cos I got the survey site just couldn't find my way to that- but than it sounds like me!
Adriv

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome BEX22! Smile

Grab your glass of wine and toast to.... ALEXANDER! woohoo!
BEX22

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to Dionysus!!!
Yep, I already have don't worry Adriv, a good glass of red wine is the perfect poison to toast him with Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: