Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lord of war soon on the screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jared Leto
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isela

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Lord of war soon on the screen Reply with quote

Im waiting anxiously x it.
I suppose is not going to be the same than Alexander but OK Laughing
and the release dates are:
USA 16 September 2005
UK 14 October 2005
Czech Republic 20 October 2005
Italy 21 October 2005
Iceland 28 October 2005
Netherlands 10 November 2005
Finland 18 November 2005
Russia 15 December 2005
Ukraine 15 December 2005
well what happen here where is Mexico??? Evil or Very Mad
x more info u can take a look here: http://www.jared-***/
or check the official site at: www.lordofwarthemovie.com
Savanna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the dates and links!

I just saw this, it's a really interesting take on mixing documentary-confessional narration with drama/adventure. The awful statistics on small arms smuggling being dominated by the 5 permanent member nations on the UN Security Council is true, the situations where they're shown dumping guns on warlords are completely true to what's been going on since the cold war. This is the sort of thing news broadcasters 'censor' by avoidance - because most people don't find these facts very palatable. But I do recommend you watch it, Jared's fantastic as Nicholas Cage's brother, & they are really interesting to watch together.

For a much more brutal (short film, extreme violence) take on the blood diamond traffic in Sierra Leone, check out "The Diamond Life" on GNN.tv

http://gnn.tv/videos/2/The_Diamond_Life

But PLEASE, do not watch this if you are at all sensitive to violence on film. The footage in this short film is REAL, not acted. This one's just ugly news, not entertainment. It's not fun to watch, but it is the truth.
isela

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy thanks Im glad u like it, from my part im counting every second x watch jared again fortunately in a movie with message; also thanks x your link and dont worry at least x me cause after watched farenheit 9/11 from Michael Moore im preparing to all.
I recomend that documental/movie makes us thing deeply , truly a lot
Savanna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Leto interview on Lord of War Reply with quote

Here's an interview I just found, and an excerpt from it comparing the role of Vitaly with Harry Goldfarb (his character in Requiem for a Dream). I just rented Requiem and saw it for the first time this week, I was really interested in seeing Leto in a lead role after watching Lord of War. It's an amazing, terrifying movie, I've been having nightmares from it but I highly recommend it. Just be prepared.

Jared's interview: http://movies.about.com/od/lordofwar/a/lordofwar091305.htm

Quote:
On Leaving ‘Vitaly’ Behind at the End of the Day: Leto said he was able to leave Vitaly behind him on the set a lot more than he could with other characters he’s played. “It still affected me greatly. But I mean there is a relationship for sure, I felt some kind of parallel with my character Harry Goldfarb in ‘Requiem for a Dream’ and this character. They seem like they could be distant cousins. They lived in the same neighborhood, probably five, ten blocks from one another. There was definitely a parallel there.”

On Playing Another Drug Addict: “I think I remember from the offset I said, ‘I’ve visited this territory. This isn’t for me.’ And then I read the script and I said, ‘You know, this is completely something different. This is a whole new life.’ And there’s a similarity there but I thought it was an interesting parallel to play, as far as doing work on the character.”

I like this interview because it's less about who Jared Leto is, who he's dating, etc. and more about what goes on in the film, and what approach went into making the film, which is more interesting I think - background info that can add to your appreciation of the movie. But it does go on toward the end to let Jared talk about 30 Seconds to Mars and other things he's doing, too!
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Lord of War on DVD. Jared was pretty funny in that. He's a good actor Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Jared Leto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: