Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alexander-based Roleplaying game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leonida

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Alexander-based Roleplaying game. Reply with quote

Hi all - I hope you don't mind me posting this, but I thought that our RPG might appeal to some of the writers out there...I'll post our blurb below, but if anyone has any questions about the game, please drop me a line at leonida_1uk@yahoo.co.uk

A heads up as well - if you want to watch the trailer, but are at work, it does have sound, so beware - so...the blurb...

Empire of Ashes

Empire of Ashes Trailer

Fifteen years have passed since the death of the Alexander..

His empire was left "to the strongest" and every man now thinks of making himself a King.

The ancient empire of Persia has become a playground for Macedonian noblemen who wield power they could never even have begun to imagine in their mountainous homelands. The armies of the successor kingdoms stand ready to unleash war upon each other on a scale never before imagined.

Against this backdrop other kingdoms plot and scheme - the Greeks do not bend the knee easily to any foreigner and the Macedonian yoke begins to chafe, whilst in the west the maritime empire of Carthage watches as the City of Rome struggles to establish itself on the Italian peninsula, and in the great forests of the north fierce barbarian tribes paint their faces for war, whilst casting envious eyes over the wealthy lands of the decadent civilised nations…

Join Empire of Ashes to take part in this titanic struggle as a new world is forged in the wake of one mans death. Lead mighty armies and prove yourself before your peoples gods, or politic and scheme with the duplicitous ambassadors of foreign nations. You can champion liberty and the rights of the demos or stamp them beneath your heel and declare yourself King of Kings.

Whatever you want to do theirs room to do it in this mixture of RPG and Sim where history is being rewritten!

Empire of Ashes

Empire of Ashes Trailer
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Cymoril

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting!
Leonida

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I am glad that you think so! We have a lot of fun there to be honest as its all very low pressure stuff.

There are ton of rpg groups out there that forget the "g" part stands for game, and hammer people for posts, demanding a certain quota per week. At EOA, we have a post-lite policy - we ask one a week...if you can manage it. More is great, but the truth is the majority of our players are in their 20s and 30s, so there are partners, kids, jobs, housework, watching the telly and all sorts of other things that keep you away from the keyboard.

Empire of Ashes is game - something you do in your spare time for a bit of fun! I'd love anyone from this site to be involved, because really you guys know the history well - or at least interested enough to join this board!

You are more than welcome Cymoril. Also, I've had a few people contact me saying that English is not their first language and will that be a problem...It is NO problem, our board is truly international. We have Norweigans, Swedes, Finns, English, Canadian, Irish and one or two Americans as well!

A real mix.

If you have anything you want to chew over with me, please do drop me a line at leonida_1uk@yahoo.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Leonida

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also add that women are very active on our board - we do deviate from history a little in that women have a much more prominent role than in real history. Queen, warrior, stateswoman or gladiatrix - there are no restrictions on women's roles - anything the guys can do, we can do...only better. Wink
Cymoril

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check it out! Smile
Leonida

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, hope to see you there!

Cheers

L
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: