Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colin the Great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joanna

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Colin the Great. Reply with quote

I watched the film again just now. The Director's Cut.
I came to the conclusion that if the scenes before the Gaugamela, "Stay with me tonight" and Ptolemy's narration were not cut, the Director's Cut would be better ?? What do you think?
But I will always love the Theatrical version, as it was the first one I watched. There is a bond between it and me.

I noticed again Rolling Eyes how good Colin is as Alexander. Colin the GREAT! What an enchanting smile he has! Oh God, I would really like to meet this man one day. Do you think I will? Everything is possible....

I can't get enough of 'Alexander'. Every time I watch it, it's like the first time. I get emotional. No kidding. It's such a touching story. And Stone showed clearly that Alexander was poisoned. Have you noticed Ptolemy's face , I mean his expression on his face when Alexander drinks the wine with the poison? He looks guilty but at the same time he feels sorry for Alexander.
"Sorry Alexander, like the others I also gave my consent to your murder".
The b a s t a r d s Evil or Very Mad
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do prefer the theatrical release, but each time this discussion arises, the only thing I can think of is all the footage there is of the movie that remains unseen by us. I WANT AN EXTENDED VERSION!!!!!!!!! Laughing
joanna

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!!! ME TOO Very Happy
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ME TOO, ME TOO Smile
Cynisca

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: Colin the Great. Reply with quote

joanna wrote:

Have you noticed Ptolemy's face , I mean his expression on his face when Alexander drinks the wine with the poison? He looks guilty but at the same time he feels sorry for Alexander.
"Sorry Alexander, like the others I also gave my consent to your murder".
The b a s t a r d s Evil or Very Mad

It now seems to me that he is thinking 'come on Alexander, come on, get it over with' beforehand....and then 'good....' afterwards. He doesn't look particularly guilty to me....just relieved...
What I still don't understand is that Alexander sees the semblence of Medusa in the bottom of the cup after Iolaus (I assume) hands it to him.....surely that is a warning of poison...
Then the look he gives Ptolemy before drinking is rather sheepish or maybe even one of resignation...because he guesses and doesn't want to accuse his closest companions or believe it of them?
If that wasn't true of Ptolemy, he must be turning in his sarcophagus... Sad
regards
Cynisca
Colins_mom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still prefer the Theatrical version over the Director's Cut. The scenes with Jared are just too good to be left out. The extra footage in the Director's cut was nice but I too wanted more!!
Cynisca

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I don't like about the Theatrical Version, is having to swop the disc over to watch the ending.....!
Oh well, gives you a chance to go and grab coffee and nibbles.... Laughing
I thought there was an extended version, not the American or British versions...
No, I had read 'Alexander's extended death scene...' it was from something else....Alexander on the brain... Embarassed Very Happy
regards
Cynisca
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: