Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rosa1186

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

I'm new to this site and I just thought I would introduce myself. I live in the UK, have a history degree and have been obsessed with Alexander since seeing the film in January 2005. In fact I can't believe it has taken me this long to discover this site since I do spend alot of time surfing the net for info, stories etc. relating to Alexander (also the actors)! In May this year I vistied Pella, Dion and Vergina - a great experience to look back on.

Looking forward to catching up with all the postings on this site!
Cynisca

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rosa,
welcome to the Forum......you should feel quite at home here....!
Raise your cup for a toast to Alexander, as always....
Best wishes
Cynisca
apelles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosa,welcome to the BEST Alexander site,and that,s official seeing as how Oliver Stone thinks we,re great! Laughing
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosa, welcome to the forum! So you went to Pella, Dion and Vergina in May? We just got back from those places with another one of the Alexandrians participating in this forum, Yanna. It was amazing! Tell me your impressions.
Catching up... yes, that's what we try to do here most of the time. Laughing
Rosa1186

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Thanks to all those who have welcomed me - I still can't believe it has taken me so long to discover the site. I really enjoyed visiting Greece in May and seeing so many sites associated with Alexander. The only problem was my husband and I were on an organised tour so we didn't have time to explore places as we would have like to. It was fantastic to visit Pella and Vergina but our guide rushed us round too quickly. At Vergina we saw the royal tombs but not the theatre because our guide made us hurry off to a cafe! I would love to go back again to Northern Greece and spend time looking at everything in detail. Still it was a great experience and one I will always treasure. By the way, I loved the statue of Alexander in Thessaloniki - had my picture taken next to it.

If I had the money and the time I would spend it travelling to all the places associated with Alexander including Siwah. Well I can dream ...
apelles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosa,this sounds like a terrific experience.I,m sure Alejandro and Joanna would love to compare your impressions.
Quote:
The only problem was my husband and I were on an organised tour so we didn't have time to explore places as we would have like to. It was fantastic to visit Pella and Vergina but our guide rushed us round too quickly. At Vergina we saw the royal tombs but not the theatre because our guide made us hurry off to a cafe!

Oh no!!!They get commission don,t they?How maddening not to see the theatre but,never mind,it,ll be there when you go back.I,ve the same problem in October when a trip to Turkey misses out Troy.Honestly,you,d think the organisers would come here and ask us wouldn,t you?Joanna has severely handbagged me in private about this awful failure,so I may have to hurl myself overboard as I sail past. Laughing
Any chance of some pics?
Rosa1186

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hi Apelles

Thanks for your comments. Sorry I can't post any pics because we don't have a digital camera - we're still using the old fashioned sort I'm afraid!
apelles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do I!Hubby has a state of the art digital but I like my old point and shoot. Smile
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynisca wrote:
Hi Rosa,
welcome to the Forum......you should feel quite at home here....!
Raise your cup for a toast to Alexander, as always....
Best wishes
Cynisca

We are learning quick! Wink

Welcome Rosa! Cheers!
philalexandros

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed! Welcome Rosa!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: