Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Cut of Alexander coming on DVD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the congratulations on my first 1000 posts.

And now it's the time to ask the question:
Dear Kevin, can you tell us anything about the life expectancy of our lovely forum? I remember something about summer 2007. Am I right? Please, tell me I am not Sad
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pre-ordered the DVD already, and my estimated delivery date is March 20-April 17. I know, you people will surely get it before me Mad , but I have faith, because I have more than once got my packages before the "estimated delivery date". I hope to make it for the chat on the DVD; otherwise, I'll be forced to... sabotage it. Laughing
Did you know that Alexander Revisited begins with the battle of Gaugamela?
GLENDALEFALCON

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexandros_19 wrote:
I've pre-ordered the DVD already, and my estimated delivery date is March 20-April 17. I know, you people will surely get it before me Mad , but I have faith, because I have more than once got my packages before the "estimated delivery date". I hope to make it for the chat on the DVD; otherwise, I'll be forced to... sabotage it. Laughing
Did you know that Alexander Revisited begins with the battle of Gaugamela?

Yes, I heard Stone mention that in an interview a month or so ago.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SPQR5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at this!!!

http://alexanderthemovie.warnerbros.com/
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SPQR5,

You beat me to posting the news about the new and improved Warner Brothers website for Alexander, that now features "Alexander Revisited". I was just about to post something and then I saw that you did it already. Thanks for the link.

I believe that the video on the site is at least part of Oliver Stone's introduction that will be on the DVD. It has some scenes in it that I have never seen before (mostly, behind the scenes stuff). Stone does say that the film begins with Gaugemela and that he has changed the structure in some places, "radically" (the word he uses).

I think the site is still a work in progress. I am waiting for the video clips. I think those will be good. The only clip they have up there right now is the trailer that was used to promote the first two DVD's when they came out in 2005.

Alexandros, I hope you have that DVD in your hands before our chat. I am going to think positively that you will and there will be no need to resort to sabotage. It's much more fun to watch the film. Wink

Dara Smile
apelles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to SPQRS for the link. Very Happy This,ladies and gentlemen, is going to be an absolute JOY of a film!Oliver actually confirmed what I thought about being able to do it in his own way without worrying about critics or audience figures or any external restrictions.I know we're all going to love it. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I should have mentioned the renewed website. Talking of that, has anyone downloaded from the website the Xtreme Desktop application. I had, long time ago, but I could never see information beyond the first battle (apparently, one new coin explaining another battle should appear every week). I think it was never updated; I downloaded it again yesterday and still I have only one battle. Has it worked for any of you?
Also, the new website puts a link to a discussion board with Oliver Stone. Have you seen it? Well, it leads nowhere yet, I suppose it'll work after the release of the DVD.
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you first see the updated site, Alexandros? I think it was put up as of February 1st, so it's brand new material.

The site is still being worked on. The messageboard is not up yet and the video clips are not available, either.

I would think we would be seeing the whole site updated within the next few weeks before the DVD comes out. Thats my thought, anyway.
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I saw it the day before yesterday, I think. The Xtreme Desktop, like many of the wallpapers and pictures, was in the previous website too.
Chiliarch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so exciting Very Happy

The tension builds, the closer you get to the date of release. And then the wait for the DVD to arrive. Unbearable.
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Another Alexandrian has reached 1000 posts in this forum. Congratulations Janie for your active and continuous participation!
apelles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexandros_19 wrote:
Another Alexandrian has reached 1000 posts in this forum. Congratulations Janie for your active and continuous participation!

Thank you.What an honour! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Cynisca

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexandros_19 wrote:
Sorry, I should have mentioned the renewed website. Talking of that, has anyone downloaded from the website the Xtreme Desktop application. I had, long time ago, but I could never see information beyond the first battle (apparently, one new coin explaining another battle should appear every week). I think it was never updated; I downloaded it again yesterday and still I have only one battle. Has it worked for any of you?
Also, the new website puts a link to a discussion board with Oliver Stone. Have you seen it? Well, it leads nowhere yet, I suppose it'll work after the release of the DVD.

I have the original Xtreme Desktop...but currently have a Spartan Ephor (Commander) on there, I mean my desktop...will download the new version and see what it does..
One videoclip is on....for the original film...the other trailer hung on me...maybe my online mp3 player affected it..
I can't wait for the DVD to arrive.... Very Happy Very Happy !
Chiliarch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pre-release review of the new DVD from Liz Smith in New York.

"OLIVER STONE sent me a note, and a copy of his new DVD cut of his
much-maligned epic, "Alexander." Oliver says this is his "best and
final effort." The movie has been "restructured" and 40 minutes have
been added. These minutes include more battles, more about
Alexander's love affair with Bagoas, the eunuch, an expansion of his
relationship with his Persian wife (Rosario Dawson) and of course,
more about Alexander's wacky, ambitious mother, played vividly by
Angelina Jolie. (With her sinister worship of snakes, she was the
best and most authentic thing about the movie.) I still say that
history be damned, "Alexander" would have had a better reception if
Colin Farrell -- who gives it his all -- had played Alexander the
Great with his own dark hair. Colin just couldn't carry off blond."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117958890.html?categoryid=2062&cs=1
Chiliarch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexandros_19 wrote:

Congratulations, Janie - a toast is in order Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14

Jump to: