Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If You Love The Movie, Why Would You Get The Directer's Cut?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you own?
Alexander Full Version
80%
 80%  [ 8 ]
Alexander Directer's Cut
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

apelles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiliarch wrote:
apelles wrote:
I just like the pacing of the DC better,not the missing H. bits which I think was a major mistake done for all the wrong reasons.
Are you talking to us again now? Question Question Question

I am trying very hard to come to terms with this. But...............it being the season of good will, I suppose I'll forgive you and talk to you again. *mumble.........mumble..........grumble...........totters off*

Maybe this will help a bit in the forgiveness process.Happy Christmas!
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiliarch wrote:
I have both versions - and all the extras I have been able to lay my hands on. One reason for getting the DC is, that there is footage in it, that is not included in the TV. So if you, like me, is a fan of the movie, and want all there is to get, then get both versions with as many extra documentaries you can.

The TV is by far the better movie - more epic in style than the faster moving DC. And more Hephaistion Laughing

One more thing - but don't tell Yanna - I've got more versions of the movie, than she has. *Runs for cover*

WHAT??? Wait a minute, I've just seen that! You see what happens when you stay away for a few days from the forum?

I have all these:

1) The Norwegian DVD

2) The English and Italian one.

3) The Greek, of course.

4) The Director's Cut.

5) I also have the computer game based on the movie.

Ah, I forgot, I'll get the Greek Director's cut soon and needless to say I'll get two DVD's of the third new version as soon as it comes out. Well, if we add all these it makes EIGHT DVD's!!!! NOT BAD, at all!

How many have you got, Susanne?

Documentaries don't count, of course...
Chiliarch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:

WHAT??? Wait a minute, I've just seen that! You see what happens when you stay away for a few days from the forum?

I have all these:

1) The Norwegian DVD

2) The English and Italian one.

3) The Greek, of course.

4) The Director's Cut.

5) I also have the computer game based on the movie.

Right, here goes :

1) The Danish DVD ( after all, we were the very first to get the DVD )

2) The Danish DVD 2 disc version

3) The Dutch DVD

4) The UK DVD

5) The Italian DVD

6) The Director's Cut DVD

7) The Director's Cut VHS

Quote:
Ah, I forgot, I'll get the Greek Director's cut soon and needless to say I'll get two DVD's of the third new version as soon as it comes out. Well, if we add all these it makes EIGHT DVD's!!!! NOT BAD, at all!

Now, that's cheating Laughing you haven't got them yet. And do you really think that I won't be getting the new DVD when it comes out, huh Question

Quote:
Documentaries don't count, of course

Of course not, but if you care, we could give it a try Razz

Anyway, Yanna, I know of one person who'll be able to beat us both.
apelles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiliarch wrote:

WHO Question Question
Chiliarch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
Chiliarch wrote:

WHO Question Question

Don't you know Question
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiliarch wrote:
apelles wrote:
Chiliarch wrote:

WHO Question Question

Don't you know Question

Well,I have an idea but I'll let you tell me! Wink
Chiliarch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
Chiliarch wrote:
apelles wrote:
Chiliarch wrote:

WHO Question Question

Don't you know Question

Well,I have an idea but I'll let you tell me! Wink

Oh, no Laughing
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute, girls! You confused me. First, Susanne, how come and you got the Italian version if you don't speak the language? Rolling Eyes ( hm, it sounds suspicious to me ). Then, the Danish DVD and the Danish 2 disc version is...isn't it the same? I can't see big difference there. Finally, WHO is that person who can beat us both? And you Janie, have someone in mind. Why can't I think of someone? ( I feel like an idiot ). Of course you mean a person from the forum, right? You don't mean, Oliver, do you?
Chiliarch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
Wait a minute, girls! You confused me. First, Susanne, how come and you got the Italian version if you don't speak the language? Rolling Eyes ( hm, it sounds suspicious to me ). Then, the Danish DVD and the Danish 2 disc version is...isn't it the same? I can't see big difference there. Finally, WHO is that person who can beat us both? And you Janie, have someone in mind. Why can't I think of someone? ( I feel like an idiot ). Of course you mean a person from the forum, right? You don't mean, Oliver, do you?

It looks like I have some explaining to do. I first bought the Danish single disc version and then got so thoroughly hooked on this movie, that I went for all the extras, I could lay my hands on. That's why I got the Danish 2 disc version. Someone mentioned that the extras on the Italian DVD were different than the ones on the Danish DVD, so I got the Italian version. And the Dutch. I just had to get the UK one as it included a commentary by Robin Lane Fox. I already had Stone's commentary.

Then the Director's Cut made its appearance, but as I were unable to play the Region 1 DVD, I bought the VHS tape. And then the DVD, when it was released in Region 2 format.

As for languages, all the abovementioned versions are in English, only the subtitles are in the different languages, so it is no problem.

I apologize for keeping you in suspense as to the identity of the person, that I felt sure would have more versions of "Alexander" than both you and I. I actually had two persons in mind - Apelles and Susa. But it seems only Susa is capable of beating us both.

For all either of us know, there may be others out there with a lot of versions of the movie. I mean, we are not alone in our madness Laughing
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!That takes some beating,but I completely understand why.If you get a microcosm of something extra,then it's worth it.
I suspected Susa could be the mystery person. Very Happy
RC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Director's Cut Misunderstanding Reply with quote

There is a funny misunderstanding about the Director's Cut. It appears to be a retracting from Oliver Stone as a respond to the American bad reviews, and this is not accurate at all. The truth is, it would be extremely expensive and stressing hold on the film much longer in order to depurate better the editing, so that's why it was released in November, 2004. The second cut, five months later is just a closer approach Stone had with the sense and tensions in the story telling, going deeper on Alexander backgounds and so, and the "final" cut is a liberty Stone had to go back to the film thanks to the very well receiving the film had also on video (besides of the fake press and the so-called commertial failure.)
There was no taking back here in any way, I just wanted to share that.

Thanks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: