Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi from a Lurker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hephaistion

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Hi from a Lurker Reply with quote

Hello!

I've been lurking at this forum on and off for about a year - I'm sorry I never posted until now! I always meant to join in the conversation, but I guess I just enjoyed reading all the threads.

oh, and before I forget, I am flabbergasted that I got my username of choice in Hephaistion!!! I use it a lot elsewhere but figured no way would I get it here, but tried anyways, and voila! it worked... I almost feel guilty given the enthusiasts here. (if the name is sacrosanct from being a username here, please let me know and I'll change )

I first learned of Alexander the Great through the story of him and Bucephalus while watching the movie The Black Stallion as a kid when Alec Ramsey's dad gave him the little Bucephalus figurine. It really caught my imagination. But I knew very little until I saw Oliver Stone's movie, which prompted me to read up on Alexander and his life and companions (especially Hephaistion).

Anyhow that is more or less how I came here - by researching everything I could find on ATG and Hephaistion. Smile
Cynisca

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hephaistion
and welcome, I am sure you will like it here..!
It is customray to raise our cups in a toast to Alexander when another admirer joins the ranks or should that be phalanx..... Very Happy
Regards
Cynisca
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hello Hephaistion Smile btw I like that name, it is one of my favorites.

We have a custom to welcome people to the forum that it hasn't been in practice for a while.

We toast with a glass of wine or milk if you prefer Wink

We welcome you and we toast to our Alexander ...... Cheers!
Hephaistion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: I'll drink to that! Reply with quote

I like that tradition... I'll use up some of my Australian shiraz. Not that I ever need an excuse to drink!

Thanks for the welcome Smile
Adriv

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll drink to that! Reply with quote

Hephaistion wrote:
I like that tradition... I'll use up some of my Australian shiraz. Not that I ever need an excuse to drink!

Thanks for the welcome Smile

Now we are talking! Wink
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Hephaistion! Very Happy Very Happy I'm so glad you stopped lurking and joined in.Did you have that drink?Well,get another.To Alexander and the boys! Very Happy
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Hephaistion. What a name! My favourite....after Alexander Very Happy
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Hephaistion! It's always nice to find and greet someone who has been already reading threads at the forum and decides to join. It's great that you have done it because I'm sure you can have great contributions to the discussion.
Don't worry about names being sacrosanct, I am called Alexandros. Very Happy
Also, in keeping with our traditions, I toast with you. I have to say, though, that I felt impressed to see that the creator of that custom (Adriv) relaxed as to permit even a glass of milk. Amazing! Laughing
Adriv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexandros_19 wrote:
though, that I felt impressed to see that the creator of that custom (Adriv) relaxed as to permit even a glass of milk. Amazing! Laughing

Hehe... I really don't want to promote drinking, but whatever it works for everyone Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: