Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Alexander Revisited" DVD Chat
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gioi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:
Cynisca wrote:
Hi
and as some already know, so will I this time....Alexander revisited me today.... Very Happy Very Happy
I just watched the first half.......woooh Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
...why didn't Oliver put this version into the cinemas...well, minus one or two scenes still I suppose....too gory...lol
A lot of things are far clearer now.....but it's also left me wondering 'is that new or did I miss it those times before?' in a few places....!
By the way.....I have his sword...well, a licensed replica of the Gaugamela kopis....! That makes it even more fascinating when you see him wearing and using it....!
Regards
Cynisca

Wow,you have the sword?You can wave it menacingly when we do our chat. Laughing

Yes she wave at Philip's face when he get nasty....here are they in peace Laughing

Hey Cynisca you should make it your own Avatar...its nice to see you with Philip of Macedon Wink
Cynisca

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:

[Wow,you have the sword?You can wave it menacingly when we do our chat. Laughing

Here she/he is. The Doric style stand is part of my new coffee table (sale...!) I haven't unpacked the rest yet...Very Happy

Gioi wrote:
Yes she wave at Philip's face when he get nasty....here are they in peace Laughing

Hey Cynisca you should make it your own Avatar...its nice to see you with Philip of Macedon

Wink

Yes, it was nice to see him Embarassed Embarassed
As you can see, I have changed my Avatar, but they have to be smaller on here....
Wink Cynisca Wink Wink
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cynisca,the sword is just beautiful! Very Happy And I love your new avatar.It's not everyone gets to have their photo taken with Philip of Macedon! Very Happy Very Happy
Gioi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooow Yeah!... Its a beautiful sword!....

Sword from movie that I have, is the Gladiator one of Maximus, dont have Al Crying or Very sad

Nice Avatar Cynisca, yes I figure out it would have to be smaller for you too.

Yes Cynisca the lucky one, she meet Philip & a bunch of Hoplites.... dont know where Mr Alexander has gone? Wink
joanna

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Nice sword, Cynisca. And what an avatar!!! You and... Philip look great Exclamation
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

The second "Alexander Revisited" DVD chat was a rousing success. I think the ones that did it a second time had a great time, again and the new people that joined us enjoyed it, as well.

I hope to have a link to the transcript up soon, if anyone wants to see it. We had a very fiesty and fun group this time.

We hope to do the chat with the TC of "Alexander" soon. I will post news on my site about the next chat, as soon as we decide on a date. I will let you know, here as well.

BTW, we missed you Yanna. I hope you can make it next time. If you peek in and see this, we missed you too, Susanne.

And I got all of the start times for everyone correct this time (over 4 time zones). We were well coordinated on this effort. Very Happy

Thanks to Cynisca and Alejandro for joining us. We loved having you and I hope you will join us for the next one.

Dara Smile
apelles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dara,we had fun again!I still think you should have stuck with Bagoas Rules for your user name! Laughing Laughing
I hope we weren't too saucy and naughty.Sadly,when we do the TR chat,Barbaria Streisand won't make her customary appearance! Laughing Laughing
Roll on the next one.
Cynisca

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Fun, Fun, Fun... Reply with quote

It was a brilliant experience and great fun too....nearly as good as physically watching the film together...can you imagine that... Very Happy Very Happy
I still giggle over Alejandro's comment on Alexander's wedding night....then seeing that snake on Olympia's shoulder..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Oliver is a master of allegory...and I am beginning to think...a wicked sense of humour! Wink
Look forward to our next 'meeting'
Regards
Cynisca
joanna

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Crying or Very sad I'm so sorry I couldn't join the chat.

But, I'm happy Smile Very Happy to see that you enjoyed it so much.

(Now, forgive me for what I'm gonna say.....I still haven't watched the new version...,+,à#,ù§...ouch....stop hitting me....)
apelles

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanna,never mind,you still have that fun to come!We missed you. Crying or Very sad Can you do the next one?
Cynisca wrote
Quote:
It was a brilliant experience and great fun too....nearly as good as physically watching the film together...can you imagine that...
I still giggle over Alejandro's comment on Alexander's wedding night....then seeing that snake on Olympia's shoulder.....

That snake!!!And the comments! Laughing Laughing Laughing Wasn't it great?I think we did very well to get through four hours of hilarity,even if half that time was synchronising the DVDs!
Oliver had a devious mind,don't you think?
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we synched the DVD's pretty well after a few slight glitches to begin with, but nothing major. Aren't you lucky you didn't have to synch yours on this one, Janie. Very Happy

I hope a few more people can join us for the "Alexander: The Theatrical Cut" chat. If not, the same crazy group would be just as fine. But, the more the merrier, I say.

I have the whole transcript up from the chat on Epic Film Net, if anyone wants to see it.

Here is the link:

http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=epicfilmnet&showtopic=211

We talked about everything from body waxing and/or plucking, snakes and thighs. It's a very eclectic chat and we had a lot of fun. So enjoy and read at your own risk. Very Happy

I am thinking about the first weekend in June for the next chat. I will see what the general consensus is and then let everyone know.

Dara Smile
Cynisca

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joanna wrote:
Sad Crying or Very sad I'm so sorry I couldn't join the chat.

But, I'm happy Smile Very Happy to see that you enjoyed it so much.

(Now, forgive me for what I'm gonna say.....I still haven't watched the new version...,+,à#,ù§...ouch....stop hitting me....)

Don't worry Yanna, I purposely didn't watch the second half so it would be 'new' for the chat....then we did the whole film...!
As Dara knows, at the end of the chat my dvd suddenly started playing again from Hydaspes...so I watched it again.. Razz !
I have to admit I was tempted to keep him nicely wrapped up and untouched... Twisted Evil !
apelles

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdiemom94 wrote:
I think we synched the DVD's pretty well after a few slight glitches to begin with, but nothing major. Aren't you lucky you didn't have to synch yours on this one, Janie. Very Happy

I hope a few more people can join us for the "Alexander: The Theatrical Cut" chat. If not, the same crazy group would be just as fine. But, the more the merrier, I say.

I have the whole transcript up from the chat on Epic Film Net, if anyone wants to see it.

Here is the link:

http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=epicfilmnet&showtopic=211

We talked about everything from body waxing and/or plucking, snakes and thighs. It's a very eclectic chat and we had a lot of fun. So enjoy and read at your own risk. Very Happy

I am thinking about the first weekend in June for the next chat. I will see what the general consensus is and then let everyone know.

Dara Smile

It actually went beautifully,thanks to Dara's excellent organisation.I was only joking about synchronising. Very Happy Very Happy
joanna

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Oh god, I've just read the transcript of the other chat you had. Very funny!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: