Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Truly boring film
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mOoK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lardvaark wrote:
Perhaps your Fan Club Name could be "Defender of Alexander's Integrity" or maybe just "That Scary One". Wink

lol LV!!! Smile wicked!! i like dat Wink
Nell

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: A Truly boring film Reply with quote

I'm sorry everyone, I know this thread is ancient, but I couldn't resist when I read!

potkin wrote:
The casting is wrong

No it's not, you just lack imagination.

potkin wrote:
the acting is boring

No it's not, what'd you expect, Will & Grace acting? It's not a frickin' comedy!

potkin wrote:
people are screaming all the time

That's a real good reason to dislike a film! Such structural criticism!

potkin wrote:
there is no suspense

Because telling a story is worthless if it's not common-sensational, isn't it? I mean, next time the director who tells Alexander's story should just make up stuff and sensationalize it even more so that people like you can swallow it and accept it as legendary.

potkin wrote:
historical facts and costumes are wrong

Well bring it on, Mr. Expert. Oh and by the way, before you start - you do realize that it's actually a film, don't you? I mean, you do realize this film wasn't meant as an educational programme for universities around the world, right? But maybe you're right, we should start a council that bans all historical films with imperfections in it - after all, we were there when it all happened 2000 years ago, so we really know everything and have the right to dictate art because of that.

potkin wrote:
so much money, such a powerful story, such a talented cast and such a crap film.

Hey, I have an idea: how about next time you do it and we'll see if you can do a better job than Oliver Stone!

potkin wrote:
And what is it with all the Irish accents?

Ofcourse they should have all had American accents, because all legendary people are American, right? Or do you suggest Oliver should have made all the actors learn the ancient languages their characters spoke?

I've got an idea: how about if you don't like a film you just let it go and move on with your life? Or do you just like the suspense of bashing films on the internet and waiting for reactions? Were you just so scarred by the lack of suspense in Alexander that you decided to look for it here? Poor thing!
joanna

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Nell Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: