Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Angelina as Olympias
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Angelina Jolie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adriv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved what she did with the character. I think she was perfect for it.

I loved her eyes Embarassed
philalexandros

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing i must admit she certainly had that 'look' present and suspicious type of thing going on. Other than that her attempt to play Olympias could have been far better.
isela

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

she is a beautiful and intelligent woman with powerful sight no one could make a better Olympia than her. Oliver had the perfec choice with Angelina Very Happy
Parrhasius

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: olympyas Reply with quote

Greetings people!

I must admit I tend to agree with Philalexandros . Angelina a real beauty and did an excellent rendering of a strange, eccentric fanatical mother but something about the accent and her overwhelming beauty made her a little unconvincing for me, I think the use of irish or celtic accents was an excellent way of forming a parallel to what I believe the difference may have sounded like in the many ancient Greek dialects of the time ,but hers which I think was supposed to be from ipeirus seemed out of key totally. if I could find two people who I think were not perfectly cast were Olympia and also Roxanne with her boob job . Sorry guys I love this film too and own the dvd and have already watched it at least four times ......guess we are a sad lot to others!

no offence intended to the two beauties but I understand there are certain pressures on dierctors and producers etc.......apart from these two observations I could not fault the rest of the casting .
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have doubts about Roxanne. But Angelina was the right choice to play the role of Olympias. She was just.....perfect for me.
Nell

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't imagine anyone more perfect to portray Olympias.
Sunshineenfred

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: angelina as olympia Reply with quote

I don't think angelina is deserve for act as Olympia. cause angelina do not look like greek women, ( she is too big for being woman in 2000 years ago) the portray of goddess greek or roman sculpture is the good fact for how women in that time look like. about her acting is okay but too much stress like boardway theater. I think she must be more natural
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Angelina Jolie All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: