Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iranians are not Africans, Arabs nor Indians

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Rosario Dawson
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potkin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Iranians are not Africans, Arabs nor Indians Reply with quote

I am so fed up with Americans lack of knowledge of Geography and history that I really want Oliver Stone's film to be a massive failure.

Nothing against Rosario Dawson, she is very beautiful, but since when the Persian Princess was suppose dto look African????

How would Americans feel if we made a film about George Washington, and the actor was Chinese looking?

In any case I am glad the Iranian community worldwide are outraged by such amateurish portrayal of ancient Persians and are boycotting this crapo film.

My message to American movie makers who want to make historical movies is, in future do some research first
gaelicstar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: irani? Reply with quote

i beleive Roxanne was from Hindu Kush, so not exactly Babylonian
gaelicstar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: whoops Reply with quote

guess depends what area you hail from if you are blued eyed, brown eyed, dark or light. Haven't seen a historical movie yet that got it all right!
great-king

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: irani? Reply with quote

gaelicstar wrote:
i beleive Roxanne was from Hindu Kush, so not exactly Babylonian

Non of them is correct! she was from somewhere in Soghdia-Bactria which is in the modern tajikestan or uzbekistan and people in those areas are quite white but you can say she was a brunette but not black!

by the way don't make this thread another nationality debate or kevin's going to lock the topic. Laughing
AlteHasen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Iranians are not Africans, Arabs nor Indians Reply with quote

potkin wrote:
I am so fed up with Americans lack of knowledge of Geography and history that I really want Oliver Stone's film to be a massive failure.

Nothing against Rosario Dawson, she is very beautiful, but since when the Persian Princess was suppose to look African????

How would Americans feel if we made a film about George Washington, and the actor was Chinese looking?

In any case I am glad the Iranian community worldwide are outraged by such amateurish portrayal of ancient Persians and are boycotting this crapo film.

My message to American movie makers who want to make historical movies is, in future do some research first

I agree with you. I am not Iranian. I am from the Far East and I think that Iranians are a very different race, so when I watched the movie, both my father and I laughed when they portrayed Dawson as Roxanne.
But then again, the Macedonians all looked Irish...
Katrina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Iranians are definately not African, European, Indian, Arab, Chinese, etc, but great-king and others, Rosario is latina and she is not very black looking. Her features are strongly caucasian (white European) influenced. She doesn't look "white", but neither do you. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Rosario Dawson All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: