Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beowulf

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joanna

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Beowulf Reply with quote

Did you see " Beowulf "? I'm just wondering why they made the film like that. Too much technology getting out of control, I guess...(sad, really)
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanna I havent seen the movie yet. But it made 81 million dollars over here.
joanna

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was expecting it to be much, much much better. That performance capture, and the Imax 3D destroyed the movie. The result is something, I don't know how to describe it...not a cartoon, not a movie with real actors, either.It's really funny.I do have imagination and I like new things, but I didn't like it. Something was wrong.
The only good thing in the movie is the actor playing Beowulf, Ray Winstone, who is really impessive. I mean he's very attractive, nice body and everything. "I'm Beowulf. I'm here to kill your monster". What a voice! I love it. Anjelina is always Anjelina. Grendel is a poor monster that you feel for it in the end. After all they were disturbing him with their music Rolling Eyes
Cynisca

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I missed it...i've only seen the Gerard Butler version, well as far as recent releases that is.
It looks very good too, I will be waiting for the DVD to come out unless I get another chance to see it... Wink
Poor Grendel...I felt sorry for him in the other film too.
Beowulf reminds me of Boromir and the fellow with the red beard, is that Wulfgar, reminds me of Gimli, the soundtrack is very LOTRs...!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: