Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Babylon Exhibition at British Museum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynisca

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Babylon Exhibition at British Museum Reply with quote

From 13 November 2008 15 March 2009
Babylon was the greatest city of ancient Iraq, and its name and image have endured throughout history with amazing vigour. This fascinating exhibition will explore both the archaeology of the city at its height during the reign of King Nebuchadnezzar II (605562 BC), and the wealth of later art and legend that Babylon has engendered.
(http://www.britishmuseum.
org/whats_on/future_exhibitions/babylon.aspx)
Sorry, that is the only way I can put in the web address...
joanna

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, when I went to the British Museum last week I saw that. It's a pity I won't be here that time to see it. Or maybe I can visit the exhibition when I come back to Manchester for the graduation ceremony. I intend to go to London and stay there for some days and come to Manchester only for the ceremony. I have seen everything in Manchester but not in London. What an amazing city it is! I'm relly impressed.
I spent a whole day at the British Museum and another one at the National Gallery. And I didn't manage to see all the things they have in these two great places. I almost cried when I saw the Parthenon Sculptures. Marvellous...

Now, there is another special exhibition in the museum from 24 July to 26 October 2008. It's about Hadrian. It's called HADRIAN EMPIRE AND CONFLICT. "It explores the life and legacy of Rome's most enigmatic emperor, Hadrian (r. AD 117-138)"
I will go to see it.
There is a beautiful statue of his lover Antinous in the Delphi Museum. It's said to be the most beautiful statue of his. It's really nice. I spend some time just looking at it. If Antinous, the Greek boy was so beautiful, I undersatnd Hadrian's grief when the boy was dead.

In the British Museum there is the bust of Alexander, too. You can imagine how much time I spend watching it Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: