Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Alexander website?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: The Alexander website? Reply with quote

greetings Leonidas again!! Can anyone tell me about that another alexander website that was being setup but nothing was ever added to it? I think the person was here from the alexander group but I forget his or hers name? Any ideas when they might update it? Thank you.
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems no one knows about this site that I wrote last week ?
Cynisca

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xaire Leonidas,
I think it was Susa who set one up....will check it out for you.
C
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All,

Maybe I can sort out a few things Leonidas and Cynisca. Susa does not have a site that I know of (and I am in contact with her fairly often). We both have a site that we run together. I have posted links from this board to our site, previously. I know you have posted on our site Cynisca, quite awhile ago. Our site has been open since mid-2006.

It is not an exclusive Alexander site (it is for other films, as well), but it does have a section for Alexander, which has been very popular, in the past (under the category of Epic Favorites). Traffic for the board has slowed considerably, but I still update it and I recently found some Alexander related information. We have had some good discussions about the film in the past. Unfortunately, because of spammers (which I know Kevin knows plenty about), I have had to limit registrations. But, I can remedy that if people are interested (I say that in general).

So, with all of that said, you are probably talking about a different site, Leonidas (if you are talking about one that was never added to), but I just wanted to clarify about Susa's role. I am sure she could probably answer for herself, but since I am the other part in the website partnership, I figured I'd take a shot at the answer.

Thanks,

Dara Smile
Cynisca

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdiemom94 wrote:
Hey All,

Maybe I can sort out a few things Leonidas and Cynisca. Susa does not have a site that I know of (and I am in contact with her fairly often). We both have a site that we run together. I have posted links from this board to our site, previously. I know you have posted on our site Cynisca, quite awhile ago. Our site has been open since mid-2006.

It is not an exclusive Alexander site (it is for other films, as well), but it does have a section for Alexander, which has been very popular, in the past (under the category of Epic Favorites). Traffic for the board has slowed considerably, but I still update it and I recently found some Alexander related information. We have had some good discussions about the film in the past. Unfortunately, because of spammers (which I know Kevin knows plenty about), I have had to limit registrations. But, I can remedy that if people are interested (I say that in general).

So, with all of that said, you are probably talking about a different site, Leonidas (if you are talking about one that was never added to), but I just wanted to clarify about Susa's role. I am sure she could probably answer for herself, but since I am the other part in the website partnership, I figured I'd take a shot at the answer.

Thanks,

Dara Smile

Xaire Dara,
I wondered if that was the site that Leonidas meant, but I also remembered another site that somebody set up.
All my links are on the old computer, haven't finished transferring everything yet.... Embarassed
How are you?
Regards
Cynisca
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cynisca,

I am doing pretty well. Life is pretty busy, so I don't have as much time to do a lot of surfing around the net and even dating my own site as much as I want to.

I hope all is well with you. Have you been in contact with Susa or Janie, recently? I spoke to Janie over the summer and with Susa very recently. I still have the pictures of you all meeting Elliot Cowan last October. It looked like you all had a great time.

It's nice to have those good memories.

Hugs,

Dara Smile
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdiemom94 wrote:
Hi Cynisca,

I am doing pretty well. Life is pretty busy, so I don't have as much time to do a lot of surfing around the net and even dating my own site as much as I want to.

I hope all is well with you. Have you been in contact with Susa or Janie, recently? I spoke to Janie over the summer and with Susa very recently. I still have the pictures of you all meeting Elliot Cowan last October. It looked like you all had a great time.

It's nice to have those good memories.

Hugs,

Dara Smile

It should be dating my site, not dating my site. I like my site, but not that much! Laughing I changed above, as well.

Dara Smile
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats weird, I spelled the word up dating (as one word) and it keeps coming out as just dating.

Well, I think you all know what I mean.

Dara Smile
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: alexander site Reply with quote

You all are right its the site that says thats it will updated but never is. Its has good pics and and some good info but they dont say who they are and no email address to know who it is? Is it someone that you use to belong to this site?
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leonidas,

Do you have the link to the site? If you do, can you post it? I highly doubt it is the site that Susa and I have (at least ours is updated).

What is the name of the site you are referring to? Any information would be helpful. Maybe one of us can figure out who it belongs to.

Thanks,

Dara
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: website Reply with quote

Hey Dara heres the website address http: Link removed by admin
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have removed the link and will not allow it.

They have ripped images from my site. They didn't even change the file names or sizes. Evil or Very Mad
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry kevin I didnt know .
Cynisca

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdiemom94 wrote:

We exchanged a few emails regarding the recent finds at Pella and Lost in Austen Wink I haven't seen either of them though (Janie and Susa that is) Susa didn't make it to the Sheffield show this year.
I will be in Germany at some point next year, wielding (or trying to wield) a Sarissa with a group of reenactors who portray Alexander's Macedons...!
Still as mad as ever.... Laughing
Take care
C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: