Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alexander's spirit...??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cynisca

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Alexander's spirit...?? Reply with quote

I don't know what to make of this blog entry...it is supposedly a joke Confused and there was also a supposed fake news story about Alexander's tomb being found in Macedonia.....
excerpt...
Quote:
Alexander III of Macedon (356 BC 323 BC), on the other hand, has no such luck national TV Kanal 5 this Sunday descended to a new level of Hades when it literally raised his spirit in a so-called news item [MKD] about a historian who went to Florida with a camera crew to seek the services of an allegedly famous medium to provide contact with his (sic!) ancestors. In the video, the spiritualist claims that a young man dressed in lion's skin is standing in the room, saying he went to Persia not for conquest but to seek cultural exchange, and would like to know more about the contemporary Macedonian linguistics.

http://***/2009/04/16/macedonia-alexander-the-great-as-media-bait/
Cynisca

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Alexander's spirit...?? Reply with quote

and here is the link to the video taken at the time (with English subtitles)
sends shivers down my spine to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZE-v5Iqmvk
LEONIDAS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS IS PURE RUBBISH!! typical american advert!!
Cynisca

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a possibility of a set up, but still, the thought that Alexander could be there..!
The use of the word Tzar I found odd though, (it derives from Caesar doesn't it) and I couldn't help wondering why he was dressed as Hercules.
Its not the first time someone has claimed this though, I remember reading somewhere that Alexander was not very nice... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: