Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alexander in popular culture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alita

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Alexander in popular culture Reply with quote

I thought I would start a thread so we can post anything relating to Alexander that we find in pop culture and general modern life, e.g. website reviews, stories, songs, cartoons, video clips, artwork etc. It could also be a thread to relate experiences of encountering fellow Alexander fans or things relating to Alexander, in away-from-keyboard life. I got this idea from a site called Elvis Sightings; a site where Elvis fans can post instances of coming across anything relating to Elvis in their everyday lives (e.g. a picture on a diner wall). It would be interesting to see just how much stuff we can come up with.

Some things may be a bit more way-out than we expect; that's okay! For instance, I was browsing the Net and came across this interesting Youtube clip (it's part of a whole film you can view online):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9DQoUmpmA&feature=related

I think it's pretty cool... kind of like Alexander's spirit reached countries and cultures he never got to see (slash conquer) physically...
apelles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea Alita. It's interesting how often somebody mentions him in articles or whatever. Only yesterday on tv there was something about the borderlands of modern Pakistan and Alexander's journey into India was mentioned in passing.
And a gay friend wanted me to fill him in on Hephaestion. Very Happy

So Alexander's never far away. Thanks for the link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: