Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leto and the bloke who plays Ptolemy.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martinez75

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Leto and the bloke who plays Ptolemy..... Reply with quote

On monday afternoon i was catching a flight from Krabi airport, in the south of Thailand, where i sat down in a internet cafe next to both Leto and this other guy, Ewan or something like that, who plays Young Ptolemy.
Not knowing who Leto was, but noticing my girlfriends jaw drop, i realised he was more than a mere tourist, after introducing myself, we discussed the movie which they said had been going on about a year and were on there way back to Bangkok to finish things off before a big party with all the main cast and crew. Not knowing much about this Leto guy and never meeting any hollywood stylie type actors, he came across as a bit of a ****, forever trying to get someone to notice him, which beside us no one did, must of been the beard and long hair, and moaning about the cost of the internet and how much Ewan still owed him, struck me a bit weird considering Ewan had said he had been a student up until this film and Leto must be loaded!!
Bit gutted as Leto has a Hotmail account, but couldn't get to see his address, though why i would've wanted it was beyond me.
They had been spending a few days down south on a break from filming on the island of Koh Phi Phi, and to be fair they seemed more interested about my travels than bigging themselves up, except Leto's obvious wanting to be recognised, after going on the official site and realising fully who these dudes were i'm just a bit gutted it wasn't Angelina Jolie that i bumped into....
Sorry if this post is utter irrellevance, but i'm bored at work and amused i found such a site....
Poppea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared isn't playing young Ptolemy that's Elliot Cowan. I can't remember who Jared's playing (help me out guys). So which one of 'em was it that you met as I'm confused now Smile
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poppea, read it again, he says
Quote:
both Leto and this other guy, Ewan or something like that, who plays Young Ptolemy
He means 'Ewan or somthing like that' is playing Young Ptolemy, not Leto.

Leto is playing Hephaestion.
Poppea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, you're right I read it wrong.
Sufi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've met Jared and if you don't get his sense of humor, you'll take offense. So I'll take anything this guy says with a grain of salt. (He also doesn't suffer idiots lightly, and we don't know what *this* guy was acting like, so one never knows...)
Martinez75

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Leto... Reply with quote

I agree Sufi that you obviously don't know what i was acting like when i met Jared Leto, but after spending the last 12 months travelling through Asia and now sitting at an airport waiting for my plane home, which was delayed by 2 hours, i can assure you i wasn't jumping up and down.
I don't know about his interesting sense of humour, he never struck me as a real life John Cleese, infact he was just as annoyed that our plane had been delayed for two hours, and said he had to get back to Bangkok real soon.
I was purely making an observation, he seemed quite keen to be recognised, but was ok, the other guy Ewan was a top bloke, who was very interested in our travels and being also british, seemed more on the level a real down to earth kind of guy.
Martinez75

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Apologies... Reply with quote

I meant a 'real life Basil Fawlty', sorry long day........
Poppea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Martinez, his name is Elliot and I agree he's a top bloke - the best.
Sufi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Leto... Reply with quote

Martinez75 wrote:
I agree Sufi that you obviously don't know what i was acting like when i met Jared Leto, but after spending the last 12 months travelling through Asia and now sitting at an airport waiting for my plane home, which was delayed by 2 hours, i can assure you i wasn't jumping up and down.
I don't know about his interesting sense of humour, he never struck me as a real life John Cleese, infact he was just as annoyed that our plane had been delayed for two hours, and said he had to get back to Bangkok real soon.
I was purely making an observation, he seemed quite keen to be recognised, but was ok, the other guy Ewan was a top bloke, who was very interested in our travels and being also british, seemed more on the level a real down to earth kind of guy.

never said he was a john cleese (come on with the hyperbole, eh?), and since i dont know you from adam then i'll take what you say as what it is on the page. it's all good. impressions are exactly that -- impressions. all around.
zoe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm English and grew up watching Fawlty Towers and love that type of humour, but I also think Jared moaning about the cost of the internet and how much Elliot owes him is funny! Laughing LMAO
Martinez75 thanks for sharing your encounter Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: