Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Alexanders!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SammyOne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: More Alexanders!!! Reply with quote

Am I just being really stupid and believing what i read in the papers or is there another Alexander being made, or trying to be made? I heard Baz Luhrman was making one and it was gonna have Leo DiCaprio in it?

Its great all these Graeco-Roman films are being made...but i can't keep track!!! Rolling Eyes

Sam Laughing Razz Laughing

ps. What do people think of a Luhrman-Alexander? As long as he doesn't make them sing all the way through i think it'd be quite good! Very Happy
Tino

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: More Alexanders!!! Reply with quote

SammyOne wrote:
Am I just being really stupid and believing what i read in the papers or is there another Alexander being made, or trying to be made? I heard Baz Luhrman was making one and it was gonna have Leo DiCaprio in it?

Its great all these Graeco-Roman films are being made...but i can't keep track!!! Rolling Eyes

Sam Laughing Razz Laughing

ps. What do people think of a Luhrman-Alexander? As long as he doesn't make them sing all the way through i think it'd be quite good! Very Happy

Actually Sammy, that film has been shelved indefinitely due to the enormous amount of money needed. Luhrman wanted to do a 3 and a half hour film covering all of Alexander's life and conquests, from his taming of Bukefalus, to his death.
Hopefully it will be picked up in the future, without Leonardo DiCaprio this time!

If it is ever picked up again though, we won't be seeing it for a good 6-10 years at least.
SammyOne

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Tino Very Happy bit of a shame luhrman couldnt hav a crack at it

I dont think DiCaprio would make a good alexander anyway, would pull in the crowds but he's just too girly!!! Farrell is much better, has a lot more grrrrrr about him, yum! Wink

Just a question for everyone to think about...who would you cast has your ideal Alexander???

i think matt damon would be pretty good at it, but again maybe a bit too polished by Hollywood? reckon it'd hav 2 b someone up-and-coming, like russell crowe was when he was cast as maximus in gladiator...wat d'ya think?

answers on a postcard Laughing Razz Laughing
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammyOne wrote:

Just a question for everyone to think about...who would you cast has your ideal Alexander???
Already being discussed here: http://forum.alexander-the-great.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=144
bazil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a third alexander movie in the works. Sam Heughan will play Alexander in "Macedonia's Alexander the Great," to be directed by Jalal Merhi. that might be released just before the stone version is released.

just like the stone version and baz luhrmann version of alexander the great, this, too, will portray him as a greek macedonian. the film will focus on his childhood. here' the site:

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/va/20040127/107520098600.html
alexander makedon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the latest on this? Did the filming start on Feb 7 and will it be realeased in North America before Stone's?

Alexander Makedon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: