Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Guy/Extra in Morocco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SandDune

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:58 am    Post subject: New Guy/Extra in Morocco Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I can't believe I didn't find out about this discussion site earlier! You see, I was an extra during the filming near Essaouira, Morocco, last November. I spent an amazing eight days in this laid-back Atlantic town, four of which were spent on the set from before sun-up to sun-down. My character was a nobleman and three of my days on the set were spent sitting within an arm’s length of the lovely Angelina Jolie in the amphitheatre where King Philip is murdered. And to top off the week, as if it weren't good enough, I managed to get myself to the Morocco wrap-up party in Marrakech where I partied all night with many of the new acquaintances I made while in Essaouira (including some of the stars of the movie…I’ll let you guess which ones).

I haven’t had any contact with anyone or anything to do with Alexander since leaving Morocco, so it is quite exciting to see that there are people talking about it here on this site. I hope to be able to answer some of the questions I see on here and also that some people can help me with mine. And if any of you were also on the set in Essaouira (which I am sure at least a couple of you were) I would happy to get a personal message from you. Chances are we met each other, or at least would recognize each other’s face. It would be neat to perhaps exchange a few photos and experiences.

Ciao!
Cool
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board Smile
Vasilios

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Cool

So you were an extra ? Very nice.
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Welcome, fellow Canadian Reply with quote

Hi SandDune,
Welcome to the Board and what a wonderful moniker - 'SandDune', fellow Canadian!!!!!!
Glad to hear that you were an honoured guest at Philip's assassination. That's an important scene in the movie; a turning point in the story.
Hope you make it onto the screen and not on the cutting room floor.......
Larry
Chopin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Morrocco Reply with quote

Glad you got to film in Morrocco before the threats of terrorism chased American filmmakers out (as happened to Baz Luhrman's film on Alexander).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Say Hello All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: