Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Ian Beattie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sufi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

Poor Ian, he's got no posts. Let's bring him up to speed, shall we?

Who IS he, anyway? Smile
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: .. Reply with quote

Sufi wrote:
Who IS he, anyway? Smile

http://www.alexander-the-great.co.uk/ian_beattie.htm
Sufi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile If I wasn't so lazy I would've seen that myself. LOL

He's cute. At least in that headshot. Twisted Evil
bpiekarski

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: I agree. Reply with quote

I think he's pretty hot myself. Can't wait to see him in action. Very Happy
BT18

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:04 am    Post subject: Ian Beattie Reply with quote

Ian Beattie is from Belfast, Northern Ireland. He started acting aged 7 when he joined a circus. He qualfied as a Barrister/lawyer before going to Drama School in London.
bpiekarski

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Circus, Barrister...? Wow. My curiousity is aroused. What else can you tell me?
dawnmullan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Fantasia! Reply with quote

OH BABY!
HE SURE KEEPS ME HOT ON A COLD WINTER'S EVENING!!!
TEE HEE!!
Bacon Luvva

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent several weeks filming on two of the sets for Alexander outside of Essaouira on the Atlantic Coast of Morocco in October / November last year. It was tops. The first scene I did was at the horsemarket to the north of the town where Alexander's father (Val) buys him his nag for ( I think) seven talents.

Ian Beattie was by far the funniest man on the set and his antics with Gary (Stretch) sometimes made my eyes water. Ian you're a true genius mate and a really nice bloke.

The second set was in a little seaside town called Sidi Kaouki south of Essaouira and was the location for the Amphitheatre scene where Philip is stabbed to death and Alexander becomes King - Long Live Alexander!! I must have shouted that line several hundred times.

CUT! Sit around for half an hour in sizzling heat and then roll again. Fascinating to see all of the goings on even if it was roasting in the sunshine. Truly brilliant experience, got a mega tan and met some truly fab people, famous, not so famous and totally unknown like me.

I had dinner with Val, JRM, Ian and Gary at the Taros bar in Essaouira on a few occasions and still to this day think I was the best looking b****** on set amongst the lot of them and I only got thirty quid a day. There's justice!! Oliver, don't leave me on the cutting room floor this is my big chance to be spotted.

We had to be up at 4:30am, then ferried on a real crappy old bus to the set for about 6am, straight into the canteen tent before costume and make up for a full English breakfast . .... big round of applause to the chappie who made the omlettes - mate you saved my bacon ... erm .. life .. Muslim country and Ramadan at the time so bacon is a naughty word .... but we ate LOTS, we even got sausages and eggie weggies as well as cornflakes, rice krispies ... blah blah blah ..... I'm nearly as fat as Val now.

Val I remember going around Essaouira in a jellabah so he looked like a local with the beard and all.

Got some pretty cool photographs too, on set and off. Quite alot in fact.

All my girlie mates want to sh*g me now that I've met JRM. Ace!! shame Brad Pitt was such a big girl's blouse not wanting to film Troy in Morocco coz if I had met him my knob end would have fallen off by now.

Think the Moroccan's were exporting alot less whilst we were all out there too! There'll be alot of red eyes in this picture.

Had a great time out there - fab town, brilliant country, hope to be back in Morocco for the new Ridley Scott "Crusades" picture which started shooting in Northern Spain last week and will arrive in Ouzazate (can't remember how you spell it), Morocco later this year for the desert scenes.

Long Live Alexander.

Yours thoroughly entertained,

Bacon Luvva
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your experience, I image it was wonderful Smile .

Quote:
Got some pretty cool photographs too, on set and off. Quite alot in fact.
Feel free to show them off here Wink
dawnmullan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Hello! Reply with quote

Hi there! Wouldn't mind seeing some photographs on set and off.
Got any info on my Ian?
Lorraine

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: He's great Reply with quote

I've worked with Ian myself. He's a great guy - very kind and extremely gorgeous. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Ian Beattie All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: