Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oliver Stone is not happy with Colin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CLASSY

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Oliver Stone is not happy with Colin Reply with quote

Shocked I read a news article saying that Oliver Stone isn't to pleased by Colin's antics. Being that he broke his leg and wrist preforming an irish jig on top of a table, causing delays in the making of the movie. Oliver was overheard telling Colin he might be a 3 or 4 hit wonder if he continues his behavior. Confused
I have hopes that Colin can be as big a star as Tom Cruise, but he'll have to do some growing up first it seems. Mad [/quote]
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Star or Actor???? Reply with quote

Hi Classy,
This is a good and timely subject to bring up.
My thoughts: any undisciplined person can be a star. If your good looking and/or outrageous, even untalented. But, to be a good or great actor/actress, you need to be disciplined, focussed and concentrated. You need to take yourself out of yourself and be another person.
I think Colin has the ability to be a good actor and he is already a star. But, he is looking a little haggard lately, so his hunk quotient may be declining and he may need to focus on acting now!!!!!
What do you think??
Larry
CLASSY

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think Colin has the ability to be a good actor and he is already a star. But, he is looking a little haggard lately, so his hunk quotient may be declining and he may need to focus on acting now!!!!!
What do you think??
Larry

I agree Larry. His high-jinx may be cute to him and some but, he has undeliberately put the filming of "Alexander The Great" on hold. I really hate to hear the bad rep. on him, I hope to see his star shine a long, long time. Smile
Kiss Me, I'm Irish

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classy -- Are you talking about the Star tabloid article called "Klutzy Colin's War With Director" dated March 22 2004?

"Oliver was angry, but he did not give Colin a dressing down," says a source on the set. "One of Oliver's looks is all it takes." It wasn't angry, more of a 'Look, you clown, you're going to be a four- or five-film wonder if you continue to play like this." The article goes on to say that filming costs are so cheap in Thailand that Oliver "wasn't totally freaked out by the aditional costs."

I don't think Oliver is angry at all--- I think tabloids lie to stir up drama where there is none, & they like to pretend to put words in people's minds & mouths by looking at islolated still photographs. That's not news-- it's unreal rumor gossip.
maryp

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Kiss Me..
First I don't believe anything I read in the Star.
Secondly, while yes, I'm sure Stone wasn't too pleased that Colin was injured..it happened very very late in the filming and I don't think it caused too much of a problem. The film that was damaged at the airport was a much bigger problem..and a reason for re-shoots.

There are other articles in which Stone praises Colin for his work on this movie.. they are all on my site on the article scan pages.

I've never seen anything but praise for Colin's professionalism from Directors and other actors that he's worked with. They may comment that yes, he parties.. but they have all said that once he's on the set..it's all work.

And BTW..he's already PAST being a 3-4 hit wonder.. he had 4 number one movies last year alone!! Laughing
CLASSY

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused I said he wasn't happy...not angry. No, I don't read or purchase the trashloids. Yes, It was a rumor I heard or read in an e-mail.
I also said "I didn't like reading the bad rep on Colin."
I have seen all the movies he has been in, he's a supreme actor.
I'd hate to see him burn himself out. It also pains me to see him in casts.
I also read about the damaged film... I try to keep up with him whereever I can. Let me add this, I'm looking forward to the release of "Alexander The Great." I know I won't be disappointed. Razz
Poppea

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Charging for Alexander doco, Stone made a point of saying how happy he was that Robin Lane Fox liked Colin, that he was happy to have met Colin so early in his career and how you couldn't dislike him! I'd say he's pretty smitten actually.
mOoK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohwww come on guys give him a break!!! he's only human n sometimes he makes mistake. n they were accidents nobody wanted it to happen anyway, right??? Crying or Very sad
gaelicstar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Colins accident Reply with quote

I have read that Colin actually broke his ankle but did carry on filming, was one part of Alexander where his leg looked a bit skewiff Laughing Ah well he is a still a younglad, let him have his fun, because he is a terrific actor (Phone Booth) to name one. I saw most critics slayed Alexander, but what do they know...guess i am one of those people that never agree with them. To be sure i have good taste! Russell Crowe gets in "punch-ups" does that make him less of a great actor. With all the filming pressure they have to let go a bit, and good luck to them. The press out do themselves and should get a life. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: