Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Charging for Alexander

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChristianMacedon

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Charging for Alexander Reply with quote

i just saw this documentary "charging for alexander" on bbc four, it was basically about this guy Robin Lane Fox(i think that was his name), he wrote a book about Alexander the Great that inspired Oliver Stone to make the movie.And this guy was taking part as an extra in the battle of gaugamela(i'm not sure about the spelling) which was shot in morocco. It had a lot of behind the scenes from the movie, even at one point Collin was discusing with Oliver about wanting to carry a sword during the calvary charge cause he didn't have a spear,and Oliver was like no you will lead without a weapon and stuff. It was great to see how much effort Oliver Stone has put into the making of this movie,to make it as historically accurate as possible.for example,he was only to use specific macedonian names,the wardrobe, the way they talked,the way the behaved back in those days etc.Man i didn't know Collin sweared so much in real life Laughing .Anyone else saw this documentary?
by the way after i have seen little bit from the movie i really look forward to it. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Kiss Me, I'm Irish

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a great discussion of that show here on this amazing Colin fansite:

http://www.***/viewtopic.php?t=2166&start=285

Colin appears in 3 different segments, & there's a sexy view of him massaging his butt after riding a horse. Goooooo Colin!!

Very Happy
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's been info in the news section ( http://www.alexander-the-great.co.uk/news.htm ) about that since 8th May.
ChristianMacedon

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops, sorry Kevin.Well if anyone wants to discuss this topic it would be nice, but if nobody replies i suggest you close it Kevin.
Poppea

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it and thought it was great - too short though! It was lovely to see Elliot Cowan (Ptolomy) having a chat with Robin, really made my day.
Kiss Me, I'm Irish

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kevin!!

I just received a copies of the BBC video documentary of "Charging for Alexander" from friends who recorded it from Irish and English TV.

It's a different interview than the one listed on your news link-- I think the text on your link may be from a BBC Robin Lane Fox radio interview about what's in the "Charging for Alexander" TV documentary. Robin is followed by his own film crew as he leaves his English garden home, and he dresses up in period costume to participate in the making of Oliver Stone's film in Morocco.

Robin interacts with Colin Farrell, Oliver Stone, & Gary Stretch -- helps with historical advice, & hopes to join in as the calvary goes charging into battle. It's lots of "never before seen/behind the scenes" extraordinary footage.

I had the video transfered to DVD here-- It's crystal clear. Is there a way I can send it to you so you can make stills from it for your site and for Mary's site? Is it possible for you to make a link that will play the whole show online? It's gorgeous!!

Robin Lane Fox, the "Oxford Don" is as excited as a little kid on Halloween, & is pining to join in, but has to sit on the sidelines as Colin charges into battle himself as the only actor in the calvary not replaced by a stunt double.
Kiss Me, I'm Irish

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way-- We're temporarily down at Mary's, so the above link I posted for our Charging for Alexander discussion thread won't work
until her regular message board is restored.

-- Here's Mary's Colin "backup board' until then.....

http://p068.ezboard.com/bcollinfarrellfansite
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Colin's Down!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Irish,
Thanks for telling us that Colin's Site is down. I've been trying to access it for days and reply to your P.M. E-Mail to me several days ago. I surmize that you are "Nikola" on the other site.
Hope to talk to you soon.
Larry Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: