Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Olympias

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Olympias Reply with quote

Wink Do you think Angelina Jolie's role is much more than a token supporting one? Or are they going to beef it up into a juicy role? Are they going to explore her Dionysian side? Is she going to be implicated in Philip's assassination? And are they going to tell us her fate after Alexander dies? They have cast Cassander in the film, so let's hope we see their feud for power at the end and Olympias' death.
This could be a great role for her to win another 'Oscar' if all the emotions of love, hate, treachery, devotion, rivalry and deceit are brought out in the character. It could be a great role and I hope they don't waste her and have her standing around looking pretty, like they did with Danielle Darrieux in the 1956 ATG.
What do you think? And has anybody seen the script for Olympias? I'd love to know.
Larry
Cami Te Amo!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooooaahhhh.. Too many questiones! Wink I think she'll act well, like always.
Sufi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well she won't be implicated in the assassination, or else something would have had to be done about it (the council of chiefs wouldn't have stood for it, I dare say), and we know from history that nothing was.

Knowing Oliver Stone, he might make it a big conspiracy between Olympias and Alexander, but I really hope he doesn't since I doubt very highly Alexander would've committed patricide.
croft28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Olympias Reply with quote

Vecchiolarry wrote:
Wink Do you think Angelina Jolie's role is much more than a token supporting one? Or are they going to beef it up into a juicy role? Are they going to explore her Dionysian side? Is she going to be implicated in Philip's assassination? And are they going to tell us her fate after Alexander dies? They have cast Cassander in the film, so let's hope we see their feud for power at the end and Olympias' death.
This could be a great role for her to win another 'Oscar' if all the emotions of love, hate, treachery, devotion, rivalry and deceit are brought out in the character. It could be a great role and I hope they don't waste her and have her standing around looking pretty, like they did with Danielle Darrieux in the 1956 ATG.
What do you think? And has anybody seen the script for Olympias? I'd love to know.
Larry

- Not much is known about how large her role is. Colin has said he only has one scene with her. So she wont be having much contact with him whne he's older in the film, but she might have a nice big supportive role in the first half of the film. Although she did play a big role in his life up until her death so i cant imagine her role being REALLY small. I hope it's a bigger role, Angelina is a brilliant actress.

- I imagine she would be implicated in Philip's assassination, she was apart of it.

- Yes, it would be great to see the whole Cassandra and Olympia fued :0

- Like it said, we dont know how big her role is. Alos, we dont know how deep they will go with her character. So an Oscar might be out of the question.

- A script of Olympia has not been released, i dont imagine one would be.
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: A Woman Surviving!!!!! Reply with quote

I think they should show Olympias as a strong woman surviving in the ancient world, a mans' world. Also, she is looking out for her son and ensurring that he inherits the kingdom.
I have often wondered if she was involved in Philip's assassination for survival purposes for herself and Alexander.
Also, here's something to ponder - If Philip had not died when he did, would Alexander have gone on to "Greatness" or stagnated under Philip in Macedonia?
Any thoughts??????
Larry
Jebbu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think his feet would have got very itchy due to his desire of continually wanting to expand the kingdom in great haste,Thus causing more and more conflict between him and his father Phillp. If Phillip had of died later in my opinion he still would have achieved the same results, just a little later, thats all. And beeing older and more mature means he would make less mistakes. Maybe he could of been even more successful.
rtms

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Like it said, we dont know how big her role is. Alos, we dont know how deep they will go with her character. So an Oscar might be out of the question.

Hey they gave Kidman an Oscar for what I hear was a just as brief appearence in the Hours. If they can do that they can certainly at least nominate Jolie if her performance warrents it.
dynamo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have to beaf her up past a supporting role to one of the main influence on ALexander or else they won't do the character justice. And if they have JOlie taking part in Dionysian or Bacchic rituals then I won't complain!! Wink
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: Ditto to Olympias Reply with quote

Hey Dynamo,
Ditto, ditto, ditto........
Let's have Olympias as a main influence on Alexander and let's have a ***, too....
You and I should make movies together.. Very Happy
Larry
dynamo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could remake Troy like it was meant to be done!!!!

Jolie in an ancient bacchic ritual. That would attract millions of men anyway! who cares about the blood, guts, fighting etc. (oh and the storyline might be needed somewhere).
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Oliver's Advisors. Reply with quote

Hi,
Yes Dynamo, Oliver Stone should have asked us to be advisers on the film.
There is an old film called "Salome" made by Columbia with Rita Hayworth. It's not a very good movie, but at the end she does "The Dance of the Seven Veils" and it is a really good 'hooch' dance. I'd love to see Angelina doing something like that and with snakes, too
Wow........ Wink
Larry
dynamo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd settle for seeing Jolie doing the 7 veils anyday never mind about the snakes!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: