Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Rosario Dawson
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faribortz wrote:
Kevin, you have probably never seen an Iranian with light complexion or looks because you would not think they are Iranian if you ever see one.
That is probably very true, but now I know better. Wink
Rhemy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faribortz wrote:
The Iranian population is as it was 2000 years ago, that is a proven fact. Our genetic heritage is from the Elamite, Assyrian, Babylonian, Kassite and Hurrian mixed with Iranic medians and Persians. There were people on the Iranian plateau before the Iranics arrived. the Iranics were civilised by these people. The Iranics intermarried with these people and created the Iranians 2000 years ago and today. Our appearance was as varied then as it is today, from blonde blue eyed to dark southern caucasian.

The arabs had VERY minimum bearing on our genetics as with mongols. Their numbers were far too small in comparison to the residing populations of Iran.

having said that , which looks like a dependable source, Rosario Dawson fits the bill as Roxanne ? She was a beautiful young Afghan girl in Balkh. Her father was the King of Balkh. the complexion doesnt really matter but i think it was a good choice rather than having a blonde chick
Faribortz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the sake of historical accuracy I would have had no qualms if it was a caucasian of dark or light complexion or anything between as these are among traits typical to Iranians.
maryp

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can also tell you I have no interest in reading books written by Americans. We humor ourselves in England when hearing about the U.S. president. <deleted by admin - racial insults will not be tolerated>. Let alone reading about something an american author has written

I was willing to read your opinions and take them seriously until you posted the above.

It is a very biased, unwarranted and uneducated statement. I know that there are some American authors not worth reading..as there are the same from any other country..but to say you will never read anything by an American author makes me think that your opinions must be based on a very slanted, narrow viewpoint... and therefore I could no longer take them seriously.

It's too bad.. this board could have some very intelligent interesting discussions going..I am the first to admit that I could learn alot about the different issues brought up... but they always seem to develop into this type of nationality bashing and narrow minded statements.

It makes me avoid this board all together and definitely some of the threads in particular. Sad
dynamo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Americans are a good people.

Just because they have someone with a family grudge in power does not make them bad. In exactly the same way that though we Brits have Call-me-Tony in power does not mean we are all America's Lackys.

Everyone should read books on any subject the are interested on no matter what the race of the author. If I happen to dislike say.........the French (hypotheticaly) I'm not just going to stop reading all books written by them now am I??

That would shut out things by Descartes etc etc
Faribortz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davood, you need to read historical information written by people other than Nazi cultural archeologists and Racist Europeans who would wish that all civilisation in the world evolved from Europe. I have opined on the basis of scientific and accurate historical information.

Proto Iranians formed between the Caspian and Aral seas, and yes, they were Aryans, a term hijacked by Hitler in a vein attempt to gain ancient identity for the Germans. Look at some pre islamic artwork, we were and are by no means blonde haired, blue eyed Germans. And for your information light features are no exclusive to Europe.

The oldest civilisations are from the mid east, so yes, it is fair to say that our ancestors WERE civilised byt he established peoples of the middle east.

Here are some illustrations of those white, blonde haired, blue eyed German Hakhamanesh that you talk about, pfft:

This proves my point, the Iranics Iranianised (culturally and linguistically) the dark skinned Elamites, who were the predominant people in the South West of Iran and over the centuries mixed with them and the results were and are the Iranians of yesterday and today.
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've gone far enough on Iranian racial debates. Topic closed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Rosario Dawson All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: