Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movie - Alexander the Great Macedonian

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexchapkoun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Movie - Alexander the Great Macedonian Reply with quote

I fear this movie is going to be another denial of Macedonian history and how Philip and Alexander and the Macedonians shaped Greece and the world to come. Macedonians were always considered foreign to Greeks and it is well documented by contemporaries and historians. Greece was always within the Macedonian circle and it detested being so. Greece never enveloped it, that is until modern times.......I will not go here on this forum.

I'll wait and see the reviews, however if I am any judge of what gets bums on seats, I'd say CONTROVERSIAL TRUTH would have been the way to go.

Greek history was great AND so was Macedonian history, but please don't mistake Macedonian for Greek just because the Greeks could write first.
Question
Swedish-Historian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think it will be another denial of Macedonian history. The Macedonians were considered half barbarious because they had a diffirent rulership. other than that they were still greeks and spoke a dialect of greek.
maryp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This topic has already been discussed to death.. mostly here:
http://www.alexander-the-great.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30

Since these threads always end up "heated".. they always end up locked.
I'd bet that this one does too.. so just go and read the above thread and you'll see how people feel about this issue. Wink[/quote]
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maryp wrote:
Since these threads always end up "heated".. they always end up locked. I'd bet that this one does too..
Correct - Locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: