Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

acting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meshuggahruls

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: acting Reply with quote

okay. colin...... colin...... well i know one thing he is a good actor , i brought harts war on dvd the other day(mainly cause it was really cheap, a sale at target). but yeah , i got it home watched it , and found that it wasnt the best movie , but colins presence made it a damn site better.
i think alexander shall be good and great, hopefully colin has used his best acting. he is good.
cheers
love from callie.

any other movies that he is in that are good?
maryp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- The New World (2005)
- Ask the Dust (TBA 2004)(Filming in South Africa)
- Alexander (Nov 2004)(Post Production)
- Home at the End of the World (23 Jul 2004) Colin was EXCELLENT; very different part.
- Veronica Guerin (2003) Colin had very small part. He said "If you go to pee, you'll miss me"
- S.W.A.T (Aug 2003) Typical action movie.. Colin was good.. but not his best.
- Intermission (Fall 2003) Colin was exceptional as quirky criminal. The whole film has a very "Irish" sense of humor.. Colin did it well.
- Phone Booth (April 2003) Colin was great..on the screen almost every minute of the film.
- Daredevil (Feb 2003) MOvie wasn't great, but Colin was said to have stolen scenes as "Bullseye"
- The Recruit (Jan 2003) Another good movie.. he plays CIA recruit with Al Pacino
- Minority Report (2002) Colin was very good in this futuristic movie with Tom Cruise
- Hart's War (2002) I agree.. this should have been billed as Colin's movie. He was sooo much better than Bruce Willis.
- American Outlaws (2001) A "fun" movie.. with lots of "eyecandy"
- Tigerland (2000) This is one of Colin's best films. He got many of his parts based on what Director's saw in this performance as a Viet Nam area soldier in training camp.
- Ordinary Decent Criminal (2000) Colin's not in this much.. but again it's a great typical Irish Dark Comedic Drama
- The War Zone (1998) I haven't seen this.. supposedly very "disturbing"
- Falling For A Dancer (1998) Colin was very young in this.. Again ..I haven't seen it.
meshuggahruls

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx , i will try to get those movies out and watch them.

from
cal
zipporah

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone in the UK know if 'A Home at the End of the World' is coming out here? I haven't seen any of Colin's previous films, and don't know if they're my kind of thing, but I've actually read 'A Home at the End of the World' and am interested in seeing what it comes out like on film. But it's just a small one and I haven't found a thing about it relating to the UK ...
meshuggahruls

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

care to give me a quick summary of the book?
zipporah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book centres on Bobby and Jonathan, close friends since childhood. Bobby has a miserable home life (his adored older brother dies in a tragic accident and it goes downhill from there) and spends most of his time at Jonathan's. There is something of a split as they reach adulthood - Jonathan heads off to college in New York, where he moves in with an older - rather eccentric - woman named Clare (although he is gay); Bobby moves in with Jonathan's family and opens a small restaurant.

The next major change occurs when Jonathan's parents have to move for the father's health - they think it is time for Bobby to move out, so he goes to New York to live with Jonathan and Clare. This is the so-called 'love triangle', although if I try and explain it I just spoil the book - it's more about character, feelings and relationships than 'plot'. We're also introduced to Jonathan's father's (Ned's) illness, and AIDS issues with Jonathan's gay lover and himself. The ending is ... inconclusive.

It's a good book, and I love Cunningham's use of language, although it's not an absolute favourite. From what I've read on imbd the story is somewhat changed for the film, and I'm really interested in seeing what they've altered.
meshuggahruls

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad , i like the sound of it.

Recommended reading. DENSITY OF SOULS by christopher rice.
excellent book.

four kids are really great firneds until they start higschool and everything changes. murder, mystery, hot guys and good writing all put together to make a great book. well..... i enjoyed it. it was my cuppa tea.

and if you like vampire stuff pick up a copy of poppy z brites LOST SOULS, not the greatest or most original book , but the characters are lovable and easy to understand and relate too.

and a good old classic THE LAST OF THE WINE by mary (or marie if you re a misinformed person) renault.

love from
cal
Poppea

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Zipporah you have such a treat in store if you decide to check out Colin's previous films. I adore 'American Outlaws' btw, it's got a great ensemble cast and has a really feelgood vibe. I couldn't say what his best role to date it - but I think it would be a tie between the excellent Tigerland and Phonebooth.

Just to fill in the blanks in Mary's excellent resume - The War Zone is extremely disturbing and Colin is only in it very briefly. I don't recommend it. Falling For a Dancer is lovely, it's a mini series and he is quite central to the storyline. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Petra

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Kolin's works. Work which has not liked me, it "S.W.A.T".
Joon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: adding my 2 cents.... Reply with quote

Home at the End of the World-- Truly excellent. Possibly my favorite role for Colin Farrell. Wonderful, simple film.

Daredevil-- A bad film but it's obvious Colin Farrell had fun playing such a camp villain.

The War Zone-- Yes, a very, VERY distrubing movie by Tim Roth. It's actually very good, but not something you'd want to watch on a whim. Colin's role is one of those "Blink and he's gone" sort of roles.
mOoK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive finished reading a book " home at the end of the world " it was kinda kool but i havent seen the movie yet. Confused tragic aye Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Colin Farrell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: