Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alexander Reviews-SPOILERS AHEAD!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sicario909

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Larry is the man Reply with quote

I agree fully with larry, before you get all into the, yea i heard it was bad, you'll never know unless you formulate your own opinion of something you've seen, seing is believing***

give this a read and it will make sense, believe it if you want to but dont always follow the crowd.

Subject: Wait and see. Stone's movies can be tricky
Comment:
Back
Home Stone can be a brilliant yet frustrating filmmaker. Many of films work very well on first pass and then on subsequent viewings are almost laughable. The Doors, JFK, NBK and U-Turn all fall into this category in my opinion. (Before everyone jumps on me JFK and NBK are techinically brilliant films, but as I read more and formulate my own viewpoints, they just do not resonate with me, sorry). Yet some of his films did not move me at all on first viewing but have defintely improved on subsequent viewing. Salvador, Talk Radio, Heaven and Earth and Any Given Sunday are examples. So Alexander may fall into the let time tell category. Of course Platoon, Wall Street, and Born on the Fourth of July were great then and great always. Hopefully Alexander will fall into THAT category.
Lala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As was the case with virtually the entire cast of Oliver Stone's Alexander, which I believe has the sole achievement, thus far, of being the first cinematic effort to make one of the edgiest, most eligible men in Hollywood history look like a fairy-elf fop.

Colin Farrell--who, I'm told by flick spies, made conquests of numerous colleagues on set--as the eponymous bisexual warmonger looks like something even Richard Simmons might kick out of bed. One assumes (or at least I do).

"My gawd, you should have seen that set," blabbed an ultra-connected movie expert. "Jared [Leto] was being Jared, Val [Kilmer] was hardly bored, Angelina [Jolie] was not just being Mom, trust me--and then, well, Colin was making them all look like damn amateurs!"

That's one of the cleaner quotes I got. Suffice it to gossip, the making of Alexander overseas (U.K., Morocco, Thailand, exotic etc.) was doing little to curb the have-trailer-will-travel hungers of the Oliver Stone-directed cast.

"Don't forget," sniffed an Alexander know-it-all, "Oliver's been down this road before with Val, and [Stone] and Jolie found they had more than a lot in common. The making of was the movie to watch here!"

E! Online (www.eonline.com)
zipporah

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that first lot of stuff doesn't sound too bad. The Alexander and Hephaestion (or as the writer refers to the latter, 'the Leto character', which doesn't exactly make me value his opinion) sounds OK ... even if they don't get it on Wink.
Vecchiolarry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:20 am    Post subject: Previews...... (SPOILERS) Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

There are now many previews and interviews all over television. Several American interview shows have done them with Colin, Angelina, Val, Rosario, Jared and Oliver....

SPOILERS:

And, more and more pieces of the movie are being glimpsed.
One scene has Val saying to Colin that 'your harpie mother wants me dead' and 'I see her in your eyes'.......
Another scene shows Colin and Jared lying on a bed, but fully clothed.
And then, we have Angelina telling Colin that 'Now Philip will never give you the Throne; you'll have to take it'.......

END OF SPOILERS.....

What I've seen is very good and the scenery and sets and costumes are great and true to their times.

Well, it's only 2 weeks till I get to see the whole film. Hope those nay-saying critics are wrong and it turns out great.

Regards,
Larry[/u]
kida_greenleaf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latino review has just posted a very positive review! Very Happy
Renold de Chatillion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18801

second sounds great.
rtms

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been posted but IFILM has some great interviews and clips from the movie. These really have perked my interest in the movie.

IFILM ALEXANDER CLIPS AND INTERVIEWS
rtms

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another review, with spoilers:

http://www.cannedpeople.com/html/alexander.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Pre-Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: