Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I SAW IT (TWICE), I LIKED IT! (A LOT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: I SAW IT (TWICE), I LIKED IT! (A LOT) Reply with quote

lock wrote:
tintin wrote:
[ please stick too the film,and not comment on dawson's beauty.
rosario dawson,is a 10 in my book,so i you must seen the wrong dawson,because you are on something.any man would make love to her in a hot minute.dawson has a extraordinary beauty,and from 1 to 10.9,i give her a 10.2 or 10.3. ...
you would do her in a minute too,so stop the madness. Cool

Thanks for your comments on Dawson. Boy, you really have the "bug"...you are in love. Very Happy Exclamation

How do you know that I “would do her in a minute too?” Maybe I am not interested in women? But, actually, I am, I’ve been whole my life, and very much so…

Seriously, I have been traveling in S.E. Asia (three times in Afghanistan) for more than thirty years, and since 1990, I have spent about ½ of my time living in Bali. Believe me, women like Dawson do not compare with many whom I see every day in my village there. You should have a look sometime, and from what I get from your post, you’ll never leave the place. Laughing

Personally, I would have seen Roxana more like some of the beauties I see in S.E.Asia, but like my Aragonese grandmother used to say (I translate), “There is a dog for every dog,” so everyone finds his/her mate, and you have found yours: Dawson. You could have done much, much worse.

PS. Don’t take the word “dog” literally, it’s just a proverb, and Dawson is no dog, far from it

do not get me wrong,there are southeast asian women who are fine but for them to be really hot they must look close to her in features are like selena,get the point?

many of the southeast asian women i seen look more like a 9 or 8 on average and not a 10 like dawson,but there are some that could be on her level,close to it,or a little better looking,but for that to happen they must have the boobs,lips and large eyes and long legs,but dawson is a 10.let me guess you would give halle berry a 8 right,if so you would be dead wrong,i guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder,but i deal with facts,not fiction,and we do not really know what roxy looked like in real life any way.the eurocentrics said helen of troy was the most beautiful woman in the world,please,not one of those actresses in the troy movie was,and there were much better looking women in the movie and i know there were better looking chicks in the world at the time of helen.[/quote]
tintin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: I SAW IT (TWICE), I LIKED IT! (A LOT) Reply with quote

lock wrote:

do not get me wrong,there are southeast asian women who are fine but for them to be really hot they must look close to her in features are like selena,get the point?

many of the southeast asian women i seen look more like a 9 or 8 on average and not a 10 like dawson,but there are some that could be on her level,close to it,or a little better looking,but for that to happen they must have the boobs,lips and large eyes and long legs,but dawson is a 10.let me guess you would give halle berry a 8 right,if so you would be dead wrong,i guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder,but i deal with facts,not fiction,and we do not really know what roxy looked like in real life any way.the eurocentrics said helen of troy was the most beautiful woman in the world,please,not one of those actresses in the troy movie was,and there were much better looking women in the movie and i know there were better looking chicks in the world at the time of helen.
[/quote]

Let's be serious a moment. You like Dawson because of her physical attributes, "boobs, lips, large eyes," but apparently you are not concerned about her acting capabilities or if she fits the part of Roxana. Dawson's obvious African-American features (nice ones at that) are just not correct for the role. If this is what you want, don't go to see Alexander, get a hold of some Playboy videos. You are right in that there is no portait of Roxana available. All we know is that she was a stunning beauty. But she surely did not have negoid features.

Regarding Helen, she was the most beautiful woman in the HELLENIC world, not in the World. If you "know" that there were "better looking chicks in the world at the time of helen," you are surely a medical miracle to have lived so long and talk about it. Very Happy
lock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well,helen could not be the most beautiful in the world,because i know there must be women who look like selena,janet jackson,etc etc, and on average greek woman were not like that,unless they look almost mix or have some mixture so at most they would look closer on the level of beauty to some of the best women of color,of course the greek or any other would not be on the same level of the best of the best looking black women i seen on the streets and other places.

now,i did not see the movies because of dawson,but it was a added bonus to see her naked,but i always said that if you are making a movie about a person in history,you should show them what there true race was.
so i was one of the first ones here to say that dawson should not have played that role.dawson would be good to play in a role showing the moors ruling spain,as a queen,ot a ancient egyptian queen,of the new,or late old kingdom of egypt,or a queen of the the great african civilization and empire of axum.
lock

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not see the movie because of dawson,but i thought it was a good movie,showing alexander had flaws,and other craziness,and it show that he is not a god.
mOoK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lock wrote:
I did not see the movie because of dawson,but i thought it was a good movie,showing alexander had flaws,and other craziness,and it show that he is not a god.

maybe if u go 2 see it you'll see that he was A LOT more than that. he was the greatest thing that ever happened 2 da world.
lock

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mOoK wrote:
lock wrote:

maybe if u go 2 see it you'll see that he was A LOT more than that. he was the greatest thing that ever happened 2 da world.

i seen it,and he was the greastest thing to happen to the world.he should have been kick out of egypt.
Elenwen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello!
I'm just an average person who likes to see films - don't take my comments on the film for anything else than it is (to be honest, I have no idea whether the film was true to the historical facts or not, and I don't care)

I saw the movie, mainly because I knew I'd like it (I LOVE that kind of fiilms - Braveheart, tLotR, the last samurai, the Gladiator, Troy...). And I did. What surprised me most, was how much I liked it. I liked it because of the plot, of the costumes, of the "deep moments" of the film (they really show that he was much more than a braindead conqueror thirsty for power and honour), but what really makes the film so different from the others and so good, was (and I wouldn't have thought this on beforehand) the romance between Alexander and Hephaestion! The actors played their role in an excellent way, and the story was told in the most beautiful way. Actually, it was one of the most touching, most beautiful love stories I've ever seen on a film, and the fact that the relationship was between two beautiful men in stead of a beautiful man and an beautiful woman, well, that doesn't bother me for a second.

Well done, Oliver Stone
heavenlysurfer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: why Reply with quote

so why do the critics and so many(especially in usa) hate this film? Is it because A. it lacks "a hero" where ATG was an anti-hero, you don't know if you really admire him, or dislike him..B. it doesn't have a happy ending which American audiences demand...and C. doesn't have the big love story thrown in...

just my 2 cents...
Jasna88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ely wrote:
I have also seen it twice and planning for a third row, This movie is fantastic, I'm amazed at all the negative reviews and critics, It saddens me how people fail to see the greatness of this movie.
Movie is really fantastic! Maybe best movie I ever seen in my life!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: