Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Other movies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Other movies Reply with quote

Do you know that another interesting movie about Ancient Greece is coming up after Troy and Alexander? The name is "Gates of Fire" (Thermopyles in Greek) and is based upon a novel (which is based on real history) of Steven Pressfield. Is a battle between 300 Spartans and 2.000.000 Persians (my opinion :the most legendary battle in history). If anyone knows about this movie please let me know.
I have heard another movie based upon that battle is coming called "300" as the name of a comic book with the same concept.
Xenos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Mano! Very Happy Very interesting! What a gripping part of Hellenic and World history to see on the bigscreen! Hopefully it'll be something that'll make Leonidas proud! Molon Lave Exclamation Very Happy
Tino

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I am very much looking forward to seeing Gates of Fire on the big screen (rumour has it George Clooney will be Leonidas) it should be noted that the book by Pressfiled is a fictitious story based around a true event.
The numbers realisticall were actually 500 000 - 750 000 Persians, still a very inspiring story nevertheless
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: