Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Historical Incorrect: PERSIAN ANGLE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iranian_88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In the movie when Alexander entered the palace there was a white statue of a naked greek man. It didn't fit in there. Why did they put a white statue in Babylonia???????????????

I don't recall, but if it was true well no movies is 100% perfect... There are many mistakes in alot of movies...
emperor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iranian_88 wrote:
Quote:
But only a few iranians are aryan most iranians now are from the native iranians and a few of them have mede or persian ancestors and are mixed and they are not directly from those (persian-mede) races!

Umm, I don't know about that.. What we know of our own origins is that Persians are all Aryans, except the ones that got mixed with arabs..

Even turkish people, some of russia, india, pakistan and so on are considered Aryans...

Mixed with arabs? you mean the arab islam conquest?
well the arab conquest didn't affect iranian race much but it affected the culture, religion and language alot!
They did get mixed with native iranians which many of them looked arab but their DNA shows that native iranians aren't arab!

I don't think Turks are aryan but I know some russians, and white Indians and pakistan are aryan.

But I know that Kurds and Armanian are related to aryans and they are from same race as Croatians, they are related to north western iranians.

DNA testing back this up! for some reasons they moved.
Kevin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is turning into a race debate. Get back on topic or it will be locked.
Iranian_88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
well the arab conquest didn't affect iranian race much but it affected the culture, religion and language alot!
They did get mixed with native iranians which many of them looked arab but their DNA shows that native iranians aren't arab!

No, I meant those arabs that moved to Iran during Imam Reza's time or sometime close to that b'cuz it was the only place that wouldn't harm them... And there are alot of " sayed " there if you know who they are.. They are Arabs after all..

Quote:
This is turning into a race debate. Get back on topic or it will be locked.

Sorry Kevin, it isn't a debate really just checking and correcting historical facts for eachother Smile ...

Anyhow, let's not get this topic closed, I like it...
If anything, just PM me..
emperor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well read this quote from Kevin:

"Alexander has been dead a long time so in Hollywood they ain't gonna find him. It's all about money and movies, which is why you are at this board, so regardless of who would play him in your mind they are going to go with an actor who will pull the crowds. After all - it's a movie - not the real deal - you're going to have to build a time machine if you want the real thing."
Iranian_88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alexander has been dead a long time so in Hollywood they ain't gonna find him.

HAHA, true... I'd give anything to know what Alex thinks about all this ... Wink
pinelopi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander went to Persia to plunder. No intention to civilize other nations, the Persians and the Indians? lol!
History is always written by the winner and Alexander was a winner. He tried to idealize himselfe by controlling all the statues and paintings of him and all the history written by his historians. Later the Romans found a very strong ideological weapon in Alexanders live to excuse their brutal imperialism. After all those came the imperors and kings of Europe who cultivated and used Alexanders image to stay in power. Don't wait of many historians to say about Alexander anything else than that he was a great strategian, human, civilizator, genius and so on. All the killings, the plunder, the destruction, the genocide, they are all because of his "temper" or they did not happen at all.
European civilization is the main on this planet, the so called "western" civilization has his roots in Greek history. No way to see things in different way!
manos

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course all the conquerors are imperialists and don't conquer to civilise other countries, Alexander, Julius, Gengis Khan, Omar Kalif, Hitler etc. But we respect them coz they have the balls and not because they are good people.My opinion.
Lala

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just hope that there will be no more people like them anyway.
longbow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

movies generally tell the stories in black and white ,in reallity theres a lot of grey areas.Of course they gloss over alexanders atrocities,why would they portray the hero as a villan.doesnt make sence in film terms. im british and the king arthur remake made my blood boil,arthur a roman(load of rubbish) and celts wearing rags covered in muck.historically its not accurate,celts invented chainmail armour so why aernt they wearing it.
emperor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longbow wrote:
movies generally tell the stories in black and white ,in reallity theres a lot of grey areas.Of course they gloss over alexanders atrocities,why would they portray the hero as a villan.doesnt make sence in film terms. im british and the king arthur remake made my blood boil,arthur a roman(load of rubbish) and celts wearing rags covered in muck.historically its not accurate,celts invented chainmail armour so why aernt they wearing it.

We have the same problem in Alexander movie, the persian and macedon costumes are not represented accurate to history, but it's just a movie.
Who_burns_who_fires

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Just Remember the Charter of Kourosh (Cyrus) the Great Reply with quote

just read below words from Cyrus the Great to know who were and are
Iranians, and shame on the person who wants to show this great peoples, small actually it will show his envy to the Splonder of Persia

Burn on your Fire

Bless to Cyrus, that showed the truth

...Now that I put the crown of kingdom of Iran, Babylon, and the nations of the four directions on the head with the help of (Ahura) Mazda, I announce that I will respect the traditions, customs and religions of the nations of my empire and never let any of my governors and subordinates look down on or insult them until I am alive. From now on, till (Ahura) Mazda grants me the kingdom favor, I will impose my monarchy on no nation. Each is free to accept it , and if any one of them rejects it , I never resolve on war to reign. Until I am the king of Iran, Babylon, and the nations of the four directions, I never let anyone oppress any others, and if it occurs , I will take his or her right back and penalize the oppressor.

And until I am the monarch, I will never let anyone take possession of movable and landed properties of the others by force or without compensation. Until I am alive, I prevent unpaid, forced labor. To day, I announce that everyone is free to choose a religion. People are free to live in all regions and take up a job provided that they never violate other's rights.

No one could be penalized for his or her relatives' faults. I prevent slavery and my governors and subordinates are obliged to prohibit exchanging men and women as slaves within their own ruling domains. Such a traditions should be exterminated the world over.

I implore to (Ahura) Mazda to make me succeed in fulfilling my obligations to the nations of Iran, Babylon, and the ones of the four directions.

Cyrus The Great 550 BC, Cyrus the Great Cylinders[/b]

or when he says

My numerous troops moved about undisturbed in the midst of Babylon. I did not allow anyone to terrorise the land of Sumer and Akkad. I kept in view the needs of Babylon and all its sanctuaries to promote their well being. The citizens of Babylon ... I lifted their unbecoming yoke. Their dilapidated dwellings I restored. I put an end to their misfortunes
[b]
Iranian_88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx for Cyrus's quotes... I love him...

Quote:
Let's just hope that there will be no more people like them anyway.

Do you think there are no people like them? Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: