Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Euro 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galatasaray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow im a bit late on this topic arent i? but i jus had to add my lil post (can never resist wen it comes to footy even if im months late Very Happy )

was really bitter about the euro 2004 cause turkey dint even qualify (thanks to latvia Embarassed ) so i was supportin greece rite from the start Cool did get a few comments off people but the final result shut them up Laughing

well done to hellas they deserved it. lets hope your nation is a little more appreciative of what you achieved in the future, cause ever since turkey did us proud by comin 3rd in the world cup 2002 now everytime they lose or draw no one is happy, so frustratin!!
Xenos

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

galatasaray wrote:
wow im a bit late on this topic arent i? but i jus had to add my lil post (can never resist wen it comes to footy even if im months late Very Happy )

was really bitter about the euro 2004 cause turkey dint even qualify (thanks to latvia Embarassed ) so i was supportin greece rite from the start Cool did get a few comments off people but the final result shut them up Laughing

well done to hellas they deserved it. lets hope your nation is a little more appreciative of what you achieved in the future, cause ever since turkey did us proud by comin 3rd in the world cup 2002 now everytime they lose or draw no one is happy, so frustratin!!

Thanks for the kind words and support neighbour Very Happy Yes, isn't funny in sport how we make heroes of those who win and yet when they lose for some reason they get dragged through the mud Embarassed I suppose that's human nature. But that's sport for you, today's champion is tomorrow's has been. Hopefully Greece will keep up they're "dream team" status for a while yet Cool
galatasaray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh but its harder for us init? cause footy is very often unpredictable, so eg when france or italy do bad its just bad luck but everyone still knows theyre world class. but when a team like greece or turkey makes history, when they dont do as good after that then their success is branded as just luck or coincidence. but come on this isnt just one match were talkin about its a hole tournament playin against big teams like portugal, brazil and england, its far from luck cause you need good team skills to beat them! Cool

xenos i hope we both qualify from our world cup group Very Happy its up to teams like ours to change the stereotype of big football tournaments Laughing
manos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hopefully Greece will keep up they're "dream team" status for a while yet

Greece is the King of Europe till 2008 Wink
Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Greece is the King of Europe till 2008 Wink

I'll drink to that! Cheers! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: