Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My evening with Alexander, Oliver Stone and Robin Lane Fox
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
welllll its a bit hard not to, *in the words of cartman* that movie has warped our fragile little minds!!

Do you think Mr Stone has somehow put drugs into the film that only certain people absorb and we're all addicts now? We'll have to go to AA- Alexander Addicts Laughing Laughing

The Jared/ Colin, Al/Heph thing will run and run, they must have had some chemistry to get everyone as excited as this.

Please check out my Alexander the musical thread, I hope you will like it Smile
Alexiel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly!
there was a spell hidden in the wedding night scene!who saw the legendary blacked down cut of alex and heph right just before Roxane's coming,is now completely addicted to it (and them Smile )
cindoo15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="lardvaark"]I'm back, and I like this thread already.
Completely agree, Catherine X and galatasary, with your points of view....

Still plugging away with my little project to raise awareness of the positive reactions to this film. But very little luck (I am however a patient woman).
Cindoo15, I saw your comments a while back and completely agreed (maybe you saw my reply). I tried Warner Bros and Intermedia, but I think they had their suspicions about people trying to get hold of contact information (which I can kind of understand I suppose). I also dropped Robin Lane Fox a line, have no idea if that's been received yet.

lardvaark - yes, I did see your reply previously but unfortunately have had no luck in coming up with any way to let our opinion be known. Sounds like you've been working on it. I'm thinking, does the official movie website possibly have a contact link? I'm sure you've tried this but I think I'll give it a look-see. Excellent idea about sending a message to Mr. Fox. I think we should all give that a try. How did you contact him? Does he have a web page?

Oh yes, Catherine X and galatasary - I agree; yes I know what you mean. It's funny, when I first came to this site I looked to see what people were saying about Mr. Farrell and it seemed that most that posting in the section pertaining to him were NOT happy with the blond hair. Apparently, there were quite used to him with dark hair. I however think he looked quite lovely as a blond - prefer it over pics I've seen of him with dark hair. I recall a while back there was a thread where people were debating what color hair Alexander actually had - it got quite political actually - so who knows for sure. I'll vote for the blond (although probably more of a darker blond would be more realistic).
galatasaray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so this book by robin lane fox, is it an accompanyment (is that even a word?) to the film with mentions of the actors? or is it the actual 'story'? im bit confused!
lardvaark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindoo15, I managed to track down his (RLF's) university mail addresses via ox.ac.uk - he has two, one for the Classics faculty and a New College one. I can't find where I've saved them to, but I'll get them again in a bit. I made the message as formal as hell to try and keep the annoyance factor low (although he shouldn't be annoyed with positive feedback).

I dunno, maybe we'll have to start going up on roofs with megaphones.

(I'm like a dog with a rabbit, me.)
galatasaray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how bout climbing the wall of buckingham palace and protesting there Wink
cindoo15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galatasaray wrote:
so this book by robin lane fox, is it an accompanyment (is that even a word?) to the film with mentions of the actors? or is it the actual 'story'? im bit confused!

It talks about how the film was made including topics about how the different actors were picked, how locations were picked, training of the actors... It has many quotes by the actors themselves with a lovely entry by Oliver Stone.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------Exactly!
there was a spell hidden in the wedding night scene!who saw the legendary blacked down cut of alex and heph right just before Roxane's coming,is now completely addicted to it (and them )

Alexiel- so that's the secret of this film Smile

Cindoo15- the RLF book sounds perfect, I'll buy it. I wrote a poem to Colin starting with the subject of his hair, its on the Colin Farrell bit of this website Laughing

Laardvark- well done on your pursual of ways to make people realise there is a positive reaction to Alexander. Smile

Sorry if these posts sound rushed, I've had a headache all day, could it be too much posting on messageboards? Sad
cindoo15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lardvaark wrote:
Cindoo15, I managed to track down his (RLF's) university mail addresses via ox.ac.uk - he has two, one for the Classics faculty and a New College one. I can't find where I've saved them to, but I'll get them again in a bit. I made the message as formal as hell to try and keep the annoyance factor low (although he shouldn't be annoyed with positive feedback).

Thank you lardvaark - I will definitely send a mail and will also try to be appropriate (you know, all formal and such - trying not to annoy him).

If that fails, I guess I'll get my megaphone ready!!
Alexiel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megaphoen open:
"ALEXANDER IS GREAT MOVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
MISTER STONE,PLEASE,DON'T TONE IT DOWN!!!DOOOOOOOONNN'TTT!"
mOoK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
I think he's gorgeous in a sweaty, manly, throw me on the bed kind of way. Laughing That probably sounds weird, but hopefully someone somewhere will know what I mean Smile

I must say dat its not weird NOT AT ALL hun Wink I juz couldnt agree more!!! Embarassed Razz
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cindoo15 wrote:
lardvaark wrote:

Thank you lardvaark - I will definitely send a mail and will also try to be appropriate (you know, all formal and such - trying not to annoy him).

If that fails, I guess I'll get my megaphone ready!!

I found the web page for Robin Lane Fox but next to "email" where his email addy should have been, it was blank. Hmmm, back to the megaphone idea.
lardvaark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindoo15 and anyone else who's up for it, I have Mr Lane Fox's email addresses at Oxford. So from this point, I am willing to take 100% of the flak generated by my distributing them. I reckon it's worth it, our will is good and all that. I've PM-ed Cindoo15 with them, will do the same for anyone else (but I'm a bit edgy about posting them where less friendly people might find them).

Good luck

L
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please Laardvark, could I have RLF's address? Ta Smile
cindoo15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lardvaark wrote:
Cindoo15 and anyone else who's up for it, I have Mr Lane Fox's email addresses at Oxford. So from this point, I am willing to take 100% of the flak generated by my distributing them. I reckon it's worth it, our will is good and all that. I've PM-ed Cindoo15 with them, will do the same for anyone else (but I'm a bit edgy about posting them where less friendly people might find them).

Good luck

L

Thank you so much. I hadn't seen it yet. I'll check my PM. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: