Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undue Bad Press
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
QueerAsFcuk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine - If it is silly to go to a film site to criticize a film, what exactly is your idea of a sensible site to use? A cookery site perhaps?

manos - Thank you for probably the only sensible replies in this thread. Yes - mine is just another opinion on the film as the views of anyone else are just their opinion on the film, whether good or bad, for or against. No-one is right, no-one is wrong. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and as far as I am aware this is a public forum designed as a space to air those views, not a space to be highjacked by the sanctimonious and selfrighteous who want to dictate what everyone else can and can't say and do. Weren't the "Thought-police" supposedly fictional?

Adriv - My favourite film is "Citizen Kane". I would love to hear you trash it. Please fire away!

Poor Lardvaark - Trust me, coming from me, that WAS a compliment. At least I credited you with a hint of wit and intelligence! If you really want to find out what an insult is may I suggest you start getting out a bit more.
lardvaark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you don't get many trolls in self-denial. Perhaps you don't get how the game works?

I'm afraid you can't suggest I get out more, permission denied. I get out frequently - but thanks for your concern anyway. I'll probably be "out", in fact, when you drop back in here later for good evening's trolling (after your Mum's made you do your homework, anyway).

As you seem to be such a fan of big, long words (we're all mightily impressed, by the way - we live for your obnoxious, patronising and egotistical labelling of people you don't even know), I should tell you that it's spelt "hijacked". Good try though.

Yes, I know I was just supposed to be ignoring QAF from now on, but it's proving way too entertaining every time he/she gets back on the soapbox. Mind you, I don't think it's as important to me as it is to QAF...
QueerAsFcuk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Total lack of con-troll Reply with quote

Now, the only time that gets wasted on here is in replying to your messages, so I'll take my own advice and leave it there.

Never trust the ramblings of a deranged mind!
lardvaark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To QAF

Look, much as I enjoy ripping it out of you*, let’s be serious for a minute.

Here’s an earth-shattering statement for you: yes, we are all well aware that you have a right to type whatever you wish into that small white box. What we find a little odd is that the forums with wall-to-wall Alexander flamers are ten a penny, but you choose to come here, where you observe a high proportion of people that really go for the film in a big way, to post your “humorous” observations. Why might that be, then? You know my suggested answer to this, and I back it up by offering you this link

http://www.usemod.com/cgi-bin/mb.pl?WhatIsaTroll

Secondly, if it really does ring your bell to post sarcastic, immature comments as opposed to logical, reasoned arguments then go right ahead, be our guest. You won’t find any threats, foot-stamping, rattles being thrown from prams etc. We’re really not that affected by what you think, however much you might wish the opposite. But on the other hand, don’t expect us to return pleasantries. That is just unrealistic, and reveals that your startling naivety is exceeded only by your superiority complex for sheer scale. You are entitled to your opinion, we to ours, no rights and wrongs and so on. Your opinion is that this film we loved was sub-standard. My opinion is that you reside up your own rear end. You are of the belief that you are a highly skilled comedian. I also think that you deliver a lot of humour, but in a different way (well, your little contributions always make me laugh, anyway). Don’t dish it out if you’re not prepared to take it, my friend.**

*At this point, I have every expectation that QAF will come out with something along the lines of “I’m sorry Lardvaark, but I really had no idea you were making fun of me, you really must try harder…” followed by some further mindless drivel intended to give the impression of intellectual superiority. To this I simply reply “Yes mate, I can honestly believe you didn’t” Wink
** When I use the phrase “my friend” it is obviously tongue-in-cheek. But then I hardly need to say this, seeing as QAF is trying so hard to get this whole sarcasm thing to work for them.

My parting shot? In anticipation of the next likely comment, no I’m not a sad case with nothing better to do than waste my time baiting; this was no trouble at all as I type incredibly fast. Catch up with you later, QAF - I know you're a good sport and won't let me down. Wink I'm off to "get out more", just like you said. Smile
QueerAsFcuk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dearest Lardy,

WOW! ... Not only can you read my mind and predict what I am going to say next, but you can type fast too! Is there no end to your talents?!!! I bet you can walk and chew at the same time too eh? Shouldn't you be in the circus?

All that time in front of the mirror has certainly paid off babes as you certainly know a lot about trolls. What I find fascinating though is if you truly regard me as a troll, then why aren't you treating me as such? The easiest way to deal with a troll is to ignore them (as pointed out in your very informative link). That way they have nothing to respond to and they go away. As you so obviously are not ignoring me, it becomes patently clear that you are just on an attention-seeking mission, flattering your own ego and reassuring yourself that your self imposed position of virtual top-dog to a site of sycophants remains unchallenged. Add that to your obvious delusions of grandeur, and misplaced belief in your own importance, and throw in the fact that whereas some people have an imaginary friend, you seem to have an imaginary audience (note the hilarious asides that have peppered your posts) and a picture of a true egocentric psycho-bitch-from-hell starts to take shape. Have no fear hun, I have no desire to knock you off your perch or to stay here a moment longer than is absolutely necessary (and that's my definition of "necessary" rather than yours)

On a serious note this really is starting to become increasingly tedious. I could continue toying with you indefinitely but I'm afraid I have much more important things to do (Yes - like my homework! Mother's dead though so I'll probably just copy something off the internet). Believe it or not I did NOT come here trolling. I did NOT come here to deliberately upset people, and I do NOT make a habit of doing so. I came here because a film I was looking forward to immensely, by a director - some of whose previous work - I admire and, in general ,with a cast of pretty well feted actors, completely failed to deliver (and I acknowledge that is my opinion and yours may differ!). I just needed to get that off my chest and this was the first (and quite official looking) website that I saw. Quite why you find my opinion so threatening that you have to resort to this I cannot understand. So what?!!! I didn't think it was a good film?! Is that a problem for you? Does my opinion matter so much?.....If it does you must be sadder than I thought, and if it doesn't then why are you bothering? Just let me voice my opinion and leave. Simple! It does not say anywhere that this site is purely for the use of the "Alexander Fan Club" and says nowhere in the rules that only favourable comments on the film should be made. Without wasting hours reading every post on the site there is no way of knowing that everyone on here has the same view as yours (though now I come to see it's not surprising as you have probably bullied and ridiculed anyone else who dared to disagree with you into leaving). I apologise profusely to anyone on here I have (inadvertently) offended in the course of this thread, and am sorry that you have been drawn into this puerile exchange, however none of this would have happened and I would have been and gone by now if OberFuhrer Lardarse had had the sense and decency to refrain from trying to tell me where to get off merely because my opinion should differ from hers.

Take care sweet Lardy and thank you for the insight into the life of the crimunally insane.

XXX
QueerAsFcuk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.......And yes - I know I've misspelt "criminally" - but we don't all work in a typing pool you know!
Aristophanes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Queer, Reply with quote

Seek help. Professional.

Now.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: