Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Facts! =)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PersianElite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Facts! =) Reply with quote

I've been thinking and looked up some TRUE neutral sources Smile about Alexanders timeline (when he lived).

I looked up facts for both sides....I noticed one thing though....

Alexander...never really was homosexual, he married the persian prciness named Roxane, which REALLY confuses me.

The Persians are shown as barbarians (They were not in that time) and their army had no ranks nor organization, I've been talking to some friends on this one....because this one was reallly ..showing the difference between persians and greeks big time (THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HUMANS BUT OK)

For example...Alexander talked to his privates like he knew em personally....(ok why not) but...Darius...(his real name is Dariush btw) ..just...sticked up some fingers...and moved em left and right or something Confused The Persians had this weird outfit btw...lol....and during the fight.... you could see there were just PERSIANS dying and no greeks...except for the part with the wave of arrows...

The Greeks in that movie talk about inferiority and superiority.... uuhm..isn't that racism? please respond to this thread Smile

OS...is a great man,...he really is...I love him for making this movie but.....he kinda humiliated both sides...he might just be re-making it in the DVD version...but only the homosexual parts of the movie..or am I wrong?

I would like to make clear..I'm just tryin to set things straight...to be sure that I'm watching reality or not..Because that movie was really...weird Smile

If I did something wrong in this thread, I'm REALLY sorry...I didn't know but I felt like talking about the facts before you guys just believed everything you saw there! Very Happy

Regards,
Farhoed
Maz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Facts! =) Reply with quote

PersianElite wrote:
Alexander...never really was homosexual, he married the persian prciness named Roxane, which REALLY confuses me.

That doesn't necessarily mean he didn't have other relations. It was of normality that men were Bisexual or homosexual and realtionships for males was very open. Alexander actually took 2 other wives aswell.
PersianElite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice thank you Smile can you tell me something about the other facts...kinda confusing ... Confused
alessandros

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jusT to add on to wat Maz had earlier mentioned: at that point of time, particularly the greeks, having a relationship with another guy is normal, and i mean guy and guy..............
PersianElite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eheh ok ..and I also know from classes..that FAT women were hot...like...nice body shaped women now are 0_o XD weird huh?
Maz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't doubt that... I think it's based on the fact that if you were larger in body size in ancient times you were considered wealthy and wealth was often hierachy. The double chin was a sighn of great wealth in ancient Egypt... that could be linked to the reason why alot of Pharaohs are depicted with one in hieroglyphics.
PersianElite

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah eheh Razz nice....weird to think that ...was a good thing Razz to be fat lol!
alessandros

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not only greek thinks that way, many ancient civilisezation also think the same way.............take ancient *** as an example.........
PersianElite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but...I have to say FAT wasnt beauty there..but JUST wealth you should understand so there is a difference Smile
Adriv

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander was in love with only one guy....Hephaestion, nobody else.
PersianElite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no dude....you got that from a movie...

let me teach you one thing...

NEVER....NEVER trust movies...you don't know what alexander looked like....maybe he was a gorilla...but according to a movie (WHERE THEY SHOW HIM AS THE GOOD GUY) he looks cool....and...he loves a GUY named hephaestion...but u dont know if that was true...maybe...he loved hephaestions father... so you dont know who he loved dear friend Smile so dont think he just loved HIM Smile
cindoo15

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it is a very well accepted fact that he indeed did love Hephaestion more than any other. If I had time I would put some nice quotes from reliable sources here but I haven't the time right now. Also, would love to help you with some of your other questions. Hopefully I'll have the time this weekend; but maybe someone else could get to it sooner - Alexandros_20, Joanna, apelles? are yall out there? Does one of yall want to help this man out? If you get no response, I'll try to get back to it with facts this weekend.
joanna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PersianElite wrote:
no dude....you got that from a movie...

let me teach you one thing...

NEVER....NEVER trust movies...you don't know what alexander looked like....maybe he was a gorilla...but according to a movie (WHERE THEY SHOW HIM AS THE GOOD GUY) he looks cool....and...he loves a GUY named hephaestion...but u dont know if that was true...maybe...he loved hephaestions father... so you dont know who he loved dear friend Smile so dont think he just loved HIM Smile

But , Are you kidding us? What are you talking about ? "According to the movie Alexander looks cool and good. Maybe he was a gorilla...?! "
I hope you were drunk when you posted this. Because ...if you weren't ...it's about time you opened a history book my dear friend. Confused
Don't take me wrong. It's only some advice.
PersianElite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uuuh yeah but think for few secs....
The Movie is based on ancient texts from WHAT country? (Greece, because the persian texts about him were burnt by himself)
and....would a country talk bad about her general? (...uuuh guess not?)

So they could write whatever they want and let everyone in the future believe it because they wouldnt have anything else to believe....

and joanna...if I am right...lol....you can't proof he wasnt bad Smile

Farhoed-
Vrettas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FACT: Persia invaded Greece first.

So Alexander wasn't the only bad guy. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: