Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My letters to Oliver Stone
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: My letters to Oliver Stone Reply with quote

Well, due to the big life change I have had recently I have unfortunately decided not to carry on with my Film Studies course Sad Another reason is that both my letters I sent to Oliver Stone were returned as undeliverable, despite the fact that both Kevin and Lardvaark verified the address as correct. Confused so I think Fate is telling me to get on with having a baby, not do a Film course Laughing I also never got a reply from Robin Lane Fox via email.

I did however get a reply from George Lucas. I wrote to him to congratulate him on the Star Wars saga, which I have loved for 30 years. It was obviously a standard letter for a child, as I received a pack of skin transfers in my letter too! Laughing

So a mixed response to my correspondences.

I'm still excited about getting Alexander in 2 weeks though. My husband got a gift voucher for HMV from his students so he said we could use part of that for Alexander. Very kind of him.
apelles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind Catherine.Having a baby is much more fun than corresponding with O.S. Very Happy I don,t know why they are so peculiar about answering letters and e.mails when they,re so keen to sell us dvds and books.It,s not as if we,re weird stalkers or something.But then I suppose for all they know we might be. Laughing
I,m very jealous about the transfer.I hope you,re wearing it somewhere prominent. Laughing
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Good News Reply with quote

What have I missed Catherine!!! Are congrats in order?? So, we taking bets on the babies name - Alexander(ra), Colin, Jared, Roxanne etc. ha ha only joking! Be happy and healthy and produce a bouncer
D. xxx
isela

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Dont worry about It .
once I watched In Los Simpson that Marge wrote a Letter to Ringo when she was young and she had an answer lots of years later.
this is only because he must be a worried man and sometimes our oun luck is not in its best time.
but what is best than having a baby congratulations x it Smile Smile Smile
joanna

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations , again, Catherine. Yes, I agree with the others: it's more important to have a baby than a letter from a famous person. ( both would be the best combination! ) LOL !!!

As for the name I agree with Cassanders mum but ...with a LITTLE preference for A L E X A N D E R Smile
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the congratulations Smile. It is obviously Fate making me have a baby rather than do a project on Oliver Stone, isn't it? Wink I'm still cross with OS for bowing to pressure and re-cutting our beloved Alexander.

I am getting the DVD on 3rd August, so that is 9 days to go! I hope I still enjoy the film, I am dreading that I will watch it and think 'what a load of nonsense, why did I like that film?' Laughing

We have our names sorted out for babies but I would like a nice list of suitable ones please, in case I change my mind Wink. I can't remember most of the characters' names, it is 5 months since I saw the film Shocked What was the hero called? Andrew? Arthur? Arnold? With his lover, Harold/ Henry/ Horace Laughing
cassanders mum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Catherine You could always go for a nice Irish name in honour of the mainly Irish cast in Alex! Maybe not, stick with whatever was your first instinct after knowing you were pregnant and DON'T listen to lots of stories re the next ? months you will sail through it. When is the baby due?
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello cassanders mum Smile , long time no see. The baby's due in January, but haven't had a scan so don't know exactly. Anyway, they are born when they feel like it aren't they?

I think I read that JRM was nominated for an Emmy or something the other day, am I correct, oh oracle? Wink
apelles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Catherine X wrote:
Thanks for all the congratulations Smile. It is obviously Fate making me have a baby rather than do a project on Oliver Stone, isn't it? Wink I'm still cross with OS for bowing to pressure and re-cutting our beloved Alexander.

So am I!What we really wanted is all and I mean all the stuff on the cutting room floor.
Quote:
I am getting the DVD on 3rd August, so that is 9 days to go! I hope I still enjoy the film, I am dreading that I will watch it and think 'what a load of nonsense, why did I like that film?' Laughing

What if we all hate it. Crying or Very sad I last saw it at 3.30,24th. January.Obsessed?Need therapy?Me,of course not.Can,t wait to drool over it all over again. Very Happy
Quote:
We have our names sorted out for babies but I would like a nice list of suitable ones please, in case I change my mind Wink. I can't remember most of the characters' names, it is 5 months since I saw the film Shocked What was the hero called? Andrew? Arthur? Arnold? With his lover, Harold/ Henry/ Horace Laughing

This is hard.Alexander Philotas Craterus has a nice ring for a boy and how about Hephaistia Parmenia if it,s a girl.I don,t think they,d be teased at school do you? Laughing Laughing
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apelles wrote:

This is hard.Alexander Philotas Craterus has a nice ring for a boy and how about Hephaistia Parmenia if it,s a girl.I don,t think they,d be teased at school do you? Laughing Laughing

I'm sure he won't be teased at school if Catherine calls him Alexander, in case it is a boy of course. Wink
Catherine X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I last saw Alexander on 8th January, in the evening, can't remember what time it was. We had planned to get fish and chips afterwards but the flipping chippy was still shut for Christmas/ New Year!!! We were starving because of that. But luckily, we loved Alexander so much it took our minds off it Laughing

Now there is about a week til I get the DVD. I hope I can find the special edition and not just the silly old director's cut Confused
Ixtlan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: From Oliver Stone's office Reply with quote

Dear all,

Thanks for such a wonderful site. We're sorry to hear of the troubles with the office address, as Oliver very much appreciates the letters he receives. For the record, our address is:

Ixtlan
1207 4th Street, Penthouse 1
Santa Monica, CA 90401
USA
fax: 310 395 1536

Best wishes,
the Ixtlan team
cindoo15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexandros_19 wrote:
apelles wrote:

I'm sure he won't be teased at school if Catherine calls him Alexander, in case it is a boy of course. Wink

Don't forget Alexandra! I have three daughters and that name was on our 'list of possible names' each time! So, why isn't one of my daughters named Alexandra? I don't know but I still like the name.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: A message from Ixtlan Reply with quote

Wow! A message from Ixtlan! What a shame it is too late for me to do my project Crying or Very sad Maybe I'll send Oliver a letter saying what I would have done if I wasn't having a baby soon. The midwife found the heartbeat the other day, so there's definitely a baby in there, I'm not just putting on weight Laughing
Goldsnail

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get a reply from Oliver Stone you're happy for a moment.
When you have a baby you change the entire world. What's more important? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: