Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My letters to Oliver Stone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catherine X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goldsnail wrote:
When you get a reply from Oliver Stone you're happy for a moment.
When you have a baby you change the entire world. What's more important? Wink

Yes, silly old Oliver, he's missed out on my marvellous project Laughing I suppose I haven't adjusted to being a potential mother yet and I'm still thinking of exciting things like film projects rather than nappies, sleepless nights etc. Confused
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine - I saw that heard the baby's heartbeat. Incredible isn't it? Do you plan on having a sonogram? If so, will you find out if your having a boy or a girl? Yes, I am nosey!! I'm sorry, I'm just really excited for you. I was at work last night and I walked by the newborn nursery - oh, my heart just flutters when I see the little bitty babies. It just makes me want to sit and hold one - even makes me think of having another! But, I'm 'fixed' so that won't happen again. I must tell you, I never had that kind of reaction until after I had my first baby. Before that, I was just scared of them!

Have you picked out a room for the nursery? It's fun when the time is getting closer and you start getting everything ready for the baby - setting up the crib, painting the room - all that stuff!

Speaking of painting the nursery - you could be like Olympias and put a mural of Achilles dragging Hector behind him tied to his chariot! What a wonderful theme for a nursery!! Laughing Oh, you know I'm only joking! I had to find some way to relate this long baby post to Alexander since I just recalled that I'm not on the general discussion topic.
Catherine X

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pam

Yes, I will be having a scan soon, and ever since I found I was pregnant I've been positive its a boy, so we will ask what sex they think it is. I don't know if its just cos I'm scared of having a daughter though. My mum was an only child, an accident, and did not get on with her mum; I am an only child, an accident, and don't get on with my mum. I couldn't bear for the pattern to repeat yet again, because we are only planning on having one child and if its a girl, the whole cycle will start again.

We haven't any choice as to the room for a nursery, we live in a small 2 bedroom house so the nursery will be the spare room. A friend is coming over tomorrow to help my husband move some furniture around.

I suppose I will get more enthusiastic about having a baby eventually Confused
Slobadog Melosivec

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can write to Oliver Stone about your baby.
cindoo15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine X wrote:
Hi Pam

Yes, I will be having a scan soon, and ever since I found I was pregnant I've been positive its a boy, so we will ask what sex they think it is. I don't know if its just cos I'm scared of having a daughter though. My mum was an only child, an accident, and did not get on with her mum; I am an only child, an accident, and don't get on with my mum. I couldn't bear for the pattern to repeat yet again, because we are only planning on having one child and if its a girl, the whole cycle will start again.

Catherine, since you recognize this pattern, you have the power to stop it. I love my mother but there are things about which I pray I am not similar with regard to my children. (Actually, she was the most wonderful mother for a child; it's the adult relationship that I'm having trouble with - guilt trips to be specific). So I put forth a conscious effort NOT to behave in any way that would seem similar. I think I will not be the same at all, because I have the power to recognize it and therefore the power to stop it. Think about the things that your mother has done that led to yall not getting on well and put forth an effort not to repeat it. I think you're going to do great! You have a lot of love and compassion in your heart and that is the most important thing - that and knowledge to do what you know is best. I think an important part of being a mother is to put my children's emotions above my own - in this way I will conquor the possibility of causing them the same distress my mother has caused me and then knowing my children are happy will boost me emotionally (I'm always happiest when I seem them smiling) so, in the end, we all win.
Quote:

We haven't any choice as to the room for a nursery, we live in a small 2 bedroom house so the nursery will be the spare room. A friend is coming over tomorrow to help my husband move some furniture around.
How exciting. I hope you had fun!
Quote:

I suppose I will get more enthusiastic about having a baby eventually Confused

Everyone is different. Don't stress yourself over feeling that you must be enthusiastic just because others say so. This is definitely a difficult time for a woman, your body is changing daily, you can't sleep right and you're facing the biggest change your life has ever had. It is perfectly normal to be aprehensive. When the time is right for you, and that may be after the baby is born, you will feel joyous I am certain.
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: From Oliver Stone's office Reply with quote

Ixtlan wrote:
Dear all,

Thanks for such a wonderful site. We're sorry to hear of the troubles with the office address, as Oliver very much appreciates the letters he receives. For the record, our address is:

Ixtlan
1207 4th Street, Penthouse 1
Santa Monica, CA 90401
USA
fax: 310 395 1536

Best wishes,
the Ixtlan team

Thanks for your response Ixtlan team (I just saw this post). I don't know if you will stop in again and see this. I wrote a letter that was returned, as well. Maybe now, I will try again. I sent mine back in February and then again in March (the February one, I forgot the postage, doh!). I think they may be a bit outdated now, but if Oliver Stone appreciates the letters, I think we can send him some. I think I can say most of the folks here liked 'Alexander'. I suppose the big man is busy with his new project. I wish him the best with that. I certainly hope he revisits 'Alexander', before 10 years (from what I read). Thats a long time to wait.

This is a nice site, as well. There is another site called the Epic Film Talk forum (www.epicfilmtalk.com) that has been talking about 'Alexander' for a long time as well. We have a forum for the film. Stop in and say "hi", sometime. The folks over there would love to hear from you (we probably could come up with a few questions). This is not a plug, Kevin the administrator here and the Epic Talk forum have shared information in the past. We are not rivals, we all work together to spread the word and news about the film and the DVD.

Okay, thats it from me. Thanks for the correct address.

Dara Smile
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to tell you all the the address from Ixtlan is correct. I wrote Oliver Stone a letter and got a very nice one in return (less that 2 weeks later). I was so excited to hear from him.

He wrote a very honest and kind letter back to me. So when his people say he appreciates our letters, I can tell you that he really does. He actually reads them and responds to them (I don't have any contacts, I just stuck the letter in the envelope, sent it and hoped for the best and he did read it).

He's pretty busy with his new project, thats why I was so happy he took the time to write. It was such a treat to get his letter.

Dara Smile (whos still smiling)
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdiemom94 wrote:

He's pretty busy with his new project, thats why I was so happy he took the time to write. It was such a treat to get his letter.

What's his new project?
Catherine X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've heard its a film about 9/11, but that may be a future project he hasn't started yet Question
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the 9/11 film. I think it starts shooting next month in New York.

I know it's about 2 police officers who get trapped underneath one of the towers while trying to rescue others. I guess it's their story of survival (both of them did live).

I guess some are not too happy about this because the script is very detailed and somewhat graphic in retelling what happened almost 4 years ago.

Stone did not write the script (so people can't jump all over him for that). A first time script writer wrote it. Her name is Andrea Berloff.

He didn't tell me all this in the letter. He just mentioned he was "deep into his new movie". I have been hearing about this one for a few months, already. He got the script for it while he was promoting 'Alexander', back in December of 2004.

Dara Smile
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile
birdiemom94

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are very welcome!

Dara:)
galatasaray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catherine congratulations!! (better late than never, im always last to know things!!) Smile so happy for you!! wow, so much has changed since i was last on here!! even the dvd is out (i was looking for something else and nearly had a shock seeing alexander on the shelf!) and omg at oliver stone replyin, how cool!

anyways, got alot of catching up to do so better get reading! nice to see all the regulars still posting Very Happy
Alexandros_19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, welcome back!
cindoo15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, good to see you again!

BTW, has Catherine disappeared on us again? I don't think I've seen her around lately. I was hoping she'd be big on posting about the film once the DVD came out especially since she was so excited with her film studies class.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: