Go to the alexander-the-great.co.uk homepage
alexander-the-great.co.uk
Talk about the Oliver Stone movie "Alexander"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My letters to Oliver Stone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joanna

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

galatasaray wrote:
catherine congratulations!! (better late than never, im always last to know things!!) Smile so happy for you!! wow, so much has changed since i was last on here!! even the dvd is out (i was looking for something else and nearly had a shock seeing alexander on the shelf!) and omg at oliver stone replyin, how cool!

anyways, got alot of catching up to do so better get reading! nice to see all the regulars still posting Very Happy

Where have you been?
Anyway, I'm glad to see you back. Very Happy
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Emily, nice to see you back again Smile

Sorry I haven't been around and posting on the DVD review thread. I spend a lot of time on a message board called 'Having a Baby' these days, for some reason. I have so much to think and worry about these days, I bought Alexander, watched it, then put it on the shelf with the others and forgot about it. Heresy! You'd better ex communicate me from the Alexandrians!
galatasaray

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive been in turkey for 2 months, enjoying the lovely hot weather Very Happy its nice to be welcomed back, thanks guys Embarassed

catherine, all that obsessing over the film and forming the alexandrians for many months, and the dvd is ON A SHELF?! Shocked lol, well, i suppose we can let you off with the excuse that you have something alot more important to think about for the moment Laughing
Catherine X

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm sorry to say that I have been so ill, worried, exhausted and depressed with my pregnancy that Alexander has taken a back seat. I've had 5 months off sick from work, so people will have to excuse me if I don't take part in the discussions these days. Confused I don't mean to be dismissive of the film but hopefully people will understand.
Slobadog Melosivec

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll miss your absence but don't worry i have a great idea to cheer everybody up!

Lets send another letter to Oliver Stone.
Ask him politly why Confused is the phalanx challenging the elephants!

Methinks Confused he has some splaining to do! Confused
TheChosen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ixtlan? Is his movie company named after the first of now legendary books of Carlos Castaneda? (The first is journey to Ixtlan and goes on for another 10-12).

Of what i read on the internet it appears that he is indeed a fan of castaneda, which would explain the 'new-agish' feel of the Alexander movie and would also explain why so many people had trouble appreciating it. I think i may even try to write them and praise the movie once again..

Quote:

Stone's production company, Ixtlan, is named after Carlos Castaneda's Journey to Ixtlan. In that book, Castaneda learns that it is the journey that matters, not actually getting to Ixtlan, which the Yaqui Indian don Juan uses as a metaphor for an unreachable locus of wisdom. Don Juan also wanted the anthropologist to learn how "to see" the world, as opposed to merely "looking" at it.

As i have read the entire work of castaneda i can only recommend it to anyone that is interested in the ways of the shamans and wants to improve on his own spiritual journey (they are real, more real than the tales about them).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    alexander-the-great.co.uk Forum Index -> Discuss 'Alexander' the Movie - Post Release All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: